Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a T650 cradle it charges the phone fine, but will not sync. If I remove the cable from the cradle and plug it directly to the treo I can charge and it will sync fine. Can't figure it out. The pins are the same and none look damaged.
    I have the same problem and I think it's as simple as the physical connection. Try to clean the contacts on both sides and try again. It's a pain, I know.
    Also had the same problem. Drove me nuts for days. What fixed it: Reseting the Palm. No idea why, but now it'll sync in the cradle again.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I have the same problem and I think it's as simple as the physical connection. Try to clean the contacts on both sides and try again. It's a pain, I know.
    what did you use to clean the contacts?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdall
    Also had the same problem. Drove me nuts for days. What fixed it: Reseting the Palm. No idea why, but now it'll sync in the cradle again.
    So when you reset your Treo 650, you never had the problem again? Im sure I have done at least one reset since I bought the cradle.
    Here is the surefire method to get your cradle to sync.

1. Take the Treo out of the cradle.
    2. Unplug the cradle from AC power.
    3. Put the Treo back into the cradle.
    4. Plug the AC power back into the cradle.
    5. Hotsync.

That method seems to work everytime for me.

You'll find other methods work also (includign not plugging the AC power back into the cradle), but that method is the only well tested method that works 100% of the time that I have.

I'm testing out a new theory that it has to do with the AC power. I've been leaving it unpowered to see how the trickle USB charge works and so far - it's been great and it syncs everytime. But, that's only after one day of testing.

Personally, I believe this is a USB issue with Windows XP and Service Pack 2, relating to self powered USB devices. Anyone here have the problem and is not running XP and service pack 2?
    Since I reseted, have had no more syncing issues. Only done it a few times.

Don't know that my problem was related to a Windows bug as I'm using a Mac. ;-)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza

5. Hotsync.

You'll find other methods work also (includign not plugging the AC power back into the cradle), but that method is the only well tested method that works 100% of the time that I have.

I'm testing out a new theory that it has to do with the AC power. I've been leaving it unpowered to see how the trickle USB charge works and so far - it's been great and it syncs everytime. But, that's only after one day of testing.

Personally, I believe this is a USB issue with Windows XP and Service Pack 2, relating to self powered USB devices. Anyone here have the problem and is not running XP and service pack 2?

When you say remove the power cable, Im guessing that you just remove the power cable from the connection on the USB connector and leave the USB cable plugged into the cradle?
    I had the problem once. Removing and resinserting the sync cable on the back of the cradle has solved it (so far, one week and counting).
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza

5. Hotsync.

This didn't seem to solve my issue, maybe the item is defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkwolf
    This didn't seem to solve my issue, maybe the item is defective.
    No, it didn't work on mine either.

Erik
    I've had this problem since the cradle first came out, then I was told, or read that Palm had recalled all of the original cradles because of "Defects" There were non to be had for 2 months?? I finallly found one at Com[USA and returned the defective one.

The new one had "Rev B 0513" stamped on the bottom of the cradle, after putting pressure ..pressing down on the 650 it seemed to solve the problem, until today, back to square one.

I am beggining to think Palm(One) cannot make anything without defects, what a shame they are insuring their own demise at this rate
    Quote Originally Posted by sleibow
    I've had this problem since the cradle first came out, then I was told, or read that Palm had recalled all of the original cradles because of "Defects" There were non to be had for 2 months?? I finallly found one at Com[USA and returned the defective one.

The new one had "Rev B 0513" stamped on the bottom of the cradle, after putting pressure ..pressing down on the 650 it seemed to solve the problem, until today, back to square one.

I am beggining to think Palm(One) cannot make anything without defects, what a shame they are insuring their own demise at this rate
    Try this:
    shut the phone (not the treo, but the phone part). Turn it back on. Now try to sync.

Does it work?

Erik
    i have had this problem for about a month now and after trying all the things mentioned above to no avail, a simple and really hard blow onto the contacts of the cradle completely fixed my solution. i feel like im playing NES all over again. *blow, insert, jiggle, blow, insert, jiggle*

im running a mac.
    Mine stopped syncing a month ago. But as long as I can still Hotsync with the cable, I'm OK; the primary reason for buying the cradle was so that I'd have something to charge my extra battery.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sleibow

Is this in writing anywhere? I tried to get Palm to repair of replace the cradle, but they sent me to Sprint and Sprint sent me back to Palm, Both companies customer service should be fired.
    Mine started behaving like this a few days ago. I took my cradle to a Sprint store and they swapped me for a new one on the spot (which impressed me quite a bit).

Edit to add: I just saw tarkwolf's post and don't know if mine has that number stamped on the bottom.

Got home and it HotSynched fine. Yay, fixed. Well maybe not. I tried to HotSync again later in the evening and the PC didn't respond at all. I wiggled the Treo650 a bit and then the PC popped up the 'Unsupported USB Device' balloon.

I fiddled with the cable->cradle connection and made sure the Treo was seated well and managed to get it to HotSync again. But this obviously isn't a quality implementation.

Funny thing, I've had NO problems until just recently.

If I plug the cable directly into the Treo it works fine. Although as mentioned in many other posts it isn't a very 'secure' connection so you have to be careful not to wiggle the Treo when you press the HotSync button on the cable.

Well, I have my eye on the Seidio cradle which just came out. If people are still raving about it a few weeks from now I may go for it. That thing uses a USB connection at both ends and no charger cord. Sounds far less likely to have problems as long as the Cradle->Treo connection is made well. I HATE to spend more money after buying the PalmOne cradle just a few months ago, but I don't need this headache.

Sigh,
    ChickenHawk
    Let's face it, Palm has once again delivered a product with a quality issue, and once again are not willing to take responsibility. If I didn't have 100 bucks (2 Cradles) invested I'd trash them and invest in the new Siedio cradle.

Someday this Company is going to fail and management won't have a clue why, pity, they really had an opportunity to be something!!!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkwolf
    Is this in writing anywhere? I tried to get Palm to repair of replace the cradle, but they sent me to Sprint and Sprint sent me back to Palm, Both companies customer service should be fired.
    Check my charger and I have a Version A charger, there seems to be a "B" out there. Maybe that is the issue I'm having. Anyone know which number to call to get it switched?
    I had purchased my cradle through my B2B Verizon channel. I'm not thrilled about having to do this, but I have found that if you hold the hotsynch button in for about 5-10 seconds (arrrggghhhh) that it will eventually synch up.

It's not the way to do things, but it does eventually happen.

IMHO this indicates that there is a hardware issue with the cradle's USB cable or the USB jack on the back of the cradle or the connectors that the Treo plugs into (more then likely). It just appears that the initial signal is not as strong as a direct USB connection to the Treo which makes me think it is the jack or the connectors on the cradle.

BTW, the bottom of my cradle is labeled with the following -

180-10022-00
    Made in China
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast