Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    My 600 died, out of warranty, cingular store where I bought no help, told me to call customer care, they told me I can upgrade to a 650 for $399.
    I checked e-bay those are more expensive, any thoughts, should I send in for repair or just not worth it.
    You might want to check and see if the battery is dead. A lot of people have had that issue recently. Take it to a different store to have them check and see what the problem is before you commit to do anything. If it's the battery they probably won't charge you much of anything to replace it.
    does the $399 offer on the 650 require that you give them the 600???

if not...here's what i'd do:

BUY THAT 650 RIGHT F**KIN' NOW FROM THEM FOR $399!!!!

then...replace the battery in the 600...easy enough to do...do some searches, take your time...

NOW SELL THAT F**KIN' 600 ON EBAY AND RECOUP MORE THAN HALF YOUR DOUGH!!!!

detroitkruk
    detroitkruk great minds must work alike because that's the same thing I would do.. that's if its just a battery problem on the 600..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    ordered new battery today, will give it a try and let you know what happens.
    Does it work when plugged into an AC charger. Typically a phone will work with an AC charger even if the battery is dead. One of my Treo 600s had a dead battery, but I was able to use it with AC power.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I bought a new battery last week worked for two days now 600 is dead again, plugged in, no power, nothing,
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97
    I bought a new battery last week worked for two days now 600 is dead again, plugged in, no power, nothing,
    damn.. that's not good.. I guess it's safe to say that it's not the battery..
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    After i charged the unit and it still did not work I thought about plugging into my laptop to charge & hotsync.. it worked! we will see how long it lasts, my problems seem to be the weekends
    that's weird.. have you tryed a diffrent ac adapter?
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Yea, the car charrger seems to work better, i say that because when plugged into laptop it seems to cycle, I get a message battery low want to shut down, that comes on and off every 15sec or so. when pluged into car just a solid charge. 2days and working..
    have you tried this?

battery disconnect reset
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Yea, the car charrger seems to work better, i say that because when plugged into laptop it seems to cycle, I get a message battery low want to shut down, that comes on and off every 15sec or so. when pluged into car just a solid charge. 2days and working..
    I had the exact same thing happen to me!

I replaced the battery because of the network search issue and it worked fine. When I plugged it into the desktop charger...it charged fine. When I charged it on my retractable travel charger (I think it only trickle charges it) then it would turn off and on (because it was below the 20% mark I think) and so it would take forever to charge.

I stopped using that travel charger.
    I have an even worse problem with my 600.
    I'm on Cingular Orange, legacy SIM (Nov 2003); Treo 600 GSM thats all silver and unlocked. Purchased November 2004.

The damned thing picks up the tower, handshakes, *chirps* when it picks up 5 bars of perfect service, and then...even though it shows 5 bars of full service and Cingular banner - you make a call, it makes strange ET-like clicking sounds, on both the earpiece and speakerphone, and then drops the call.
    I thought it may be a SIM issue; so I BUY a 64K SIM from Cingular Orange B2B.
    Nope. Doesn't recognize a 64K SIM! Just mine, and even though it WILL NOT accept incoming/outgoing calls. Damnit.

Tried a T-MO SIM, a TracFone SIM; a Cingular legacy SIM that's actually from pacBell days; and another 32K SIM from Cingular Orange. NONE OF THEM WORK. Just my SIM and even though it picks up the tower, and handshakes, IT WILL NOT MAKE OUTGOING/INCOMING CALLS.

Fork, man, loss of SnapperMail is getting to me... *bites nails like crack fiend*
    No, really, though I own 6 unlocked GSM phones and a Tracfone, loss of the phone is not the issue, it's THE MOBILE E-MAIL, I had no idea what a withdrawal this is.

Fork.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    You might want to check and see if the battery is dead. A lot of people have had that issue recently. Take it to a different store to have them check and see what the problem is before you commit to do anything. If it's the battery they probably won't charge you much of anything to replace it.
    lol i have 2 dead t600s the batterys will not charge, the fixing price is 179.00 from palm and the carrier will not do anything.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Here's an easy solution to most of the problems. The Treo comes with a 1 year warranty right (I am going from memory)? Most credit cards (assuming you used a CC to pay for it) will provide double your original warranty up to an additional 1 year for no charge. Contact your CC company and they will point you to either Visa or Mastercard themselves and it is a very painless process. I recently used the process to get a $1500 repair for a plasma TV fixed a week before its 2 year anniversary (it only came with a one year warranty).
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Thanks for the palm battery reset link, so far it's been over a week and all systems are a go,(hope I don't jinx myself) what a great forum and thanks for all the replies
    Thanks for the palm battery reset link, so far it's been over a week and all systems are a go,(hope I don't jinx myself) what a great forum and thanks for all the replies
    np, just make sure you share the wealth when you see a thread you can contribute to!

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about