1.    #1  
    I have the 650 with the $4.99 T-zones plan. I am using the "Faludi Proxy" in Blazer (255.155.165.50 Port 8080) and I can surf any website and send/receive emails.

When I use DA, the Directions/Mapquest feature works fine, but when I try to look up a residential or business phone number, or do a reverse query, I get this error message:

Error in NetLibSocketConnect() call, result code: 4626

then the message:

Could not open socket!

then the message:

Error executing query!
    Possible reasons:
    YP.com had no matches
    communications error
    results format error
    busy server
    server error

any ideas for a solution ??

BTW - I googled this problem and searched TreoCentral's forums and could not find a solution (at least not one that makes sense to someone like me who does not have a L.A.M.P. machine and who can't write my own perl scripts)
    Last edited by pentatonic145; 06/07/2005 at 07:56 AM.
  2.    #2  
    FYI - I can connect to YP.com in blazer and look up numbers, but about 33% of the time when I try I get "could not connect to specified proxy" and I have to reload the page. Then it works when I try again.
    Google has a mobile site, and it is very easy to look up numbers there, also.
  4.    #4  
    Yes - But I am trying to get this DA program to work - It's even more convenient than looking up a number thru Blazer because I don' have to wait for any page loads.
    What version of DA are you using? Sprint users had similar problems just suddenly develop (I believe this was YP's fault and not the developer's). There is now a new version (3.11) out which fixes the Sprint problem.
    I haven't had any problems. I am using sprint ver 3.11
  7.    #7  
    I am using 3.11 also, with T-mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by pentatonic145
    Yes - But I am trying to get this DA program to work - It's even more convenient than looking up a number thru Blazer because I don' have to wait for any page loads.
    Well, if you can't wait for Gooooooogle's mobile site to load, then I don't know what to say. It is very fast.
  9.    #9  
    Here is the final word on this issue for now -

I received this message in my email from Rick Whitt, the creator of Directory Assistant:

"T-Mobile is a no go right now, as they use Proxy servers, and DA is not capable of supporting that. I can't say if/when it will."