1.    #1  
    So,

Today I finally got a break and took advantage of Cingular's new $20 unlimited data plan (lets hope it's unlimited, otherwise I'm gonna end up with a $300 bill )

However, I have run into some major problems using Blazer to surf the net...

First and foremost, the pages take a hell of a long time to load... My old 56KB was 4 times as fast... I don't know how fast Cingular's EDGE is supposed to be, but it is mad slow.

BTW does anyone know how to check actual download speed on the 650?

Also, a huge problem is that I can't get into Hotmail or Yahoo mail b/c it keeps saying that Javascript is not enabled. It is enabled in the settings(not blocked) and 1 out of 10 times it will load, but then it freezes up. So far I have not been able to send anything...

Any ideas??

Thanks,

dbond
    Graphics are speed hogs. Try skweezer.com to eliminate the clutter. (Free) I have it set as my homepage and I go elsewhere from that point. Give it a try. You can set it to text only or "PDA" format.

Cheers, Perry.
    I'm not sure why, but sometimes (very rarely) PalmGear and Hotmail give me the same "need JavaScript enabled" error. When I try again later, and it will allow access. I've never had any problems accessing Yahoo.
    Are you using Yahoo's mobile mail site? I've never had any problems with it.

home.mobile.yahoo.com/
    check your download speed at dslreports.com/mspeed
    1 | 2
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbond45
    So,
    First and foremost, the pages take a hell of a long time to load... My old 56KB was 4 times as fast... I don't know how fast Cingular's EDGE is supposed to be, but it is mad slow.
    dbond
    Edge coverage is fairly limited. According to Cingular site, these are the current areas with EDGE:
    Atlanta, GA
    Indianapolis, IN
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Michigan
    Missouri
    Ohio
    Central Tennessee
    Western Tennessee
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by temoore
    Edge coverage is fairly limited. According to Cingular site, these are the current areas with EDGE:
    Atlanta, GA
    Indianapolis, IN
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Michigan
    Missouri
    Ohio
    Central Tennessee
    Western Tennessee
    Wisconsin
    Not sure where you got that from (it seems way off), but here is an EDGE coverage map for Cingular:

http://qa-cing.cingular.com/download...rage_01_06.pdf
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."