1.    #1  
    I have been waiting so painfully long for VerizonWireless to get the Palm 650. (I'm upgrading from an old PalmV.) Finally, they're here!

My friend and I bought one on the same day. His works fine, but mine won't sync with my computer. The "contacts" seems to sync OK, but the "calendar" refuses to import my last five years worth of entries.

The only difference between my friend's setup and mine is that I just upgraded to Mac OS X Tiger.

Does anyone know of any conflicts with Tiger and Palm software?

Has anyone had success with Tiger and a Treo 650???
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I have no problems syncing my 650 with Palm Desktop on Tiger. I did the complete Tiger "erase disk" type of install and then moved my settings and apps from a separate firewire partition. All went well.

Frank
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcgirt
    I have no problems syncing my 650 with Palm Desktop on Tiger. I did the complete Tiger "erase disk" type of install and then moved my settings and apps from a separate firewire partition. All went well.

Frank
    Forgot to mention that I have the unlocked GSM 650 on TMO - not the Verizon model so things may be different.
    No problems here. Using OS 10.4.1 and a Treo 650 (Cingular)...although I'm using PowerOn's Now Contact & Up-to-Date and their respective conduits. I've not heard any specific Tiger issues. Although I'm not sure its different than the online version, you might want to make sure to use the Palm Desktop installer on the CD supplied with your Treo.
    Using 10.4.1 on PowerBook with unlocked Treo 650 with no problems both with USB cable and bluetooth.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  6.    #6  
    I'm glad to hear that 10.4.1 on Pwerbook works with your 650. Is it Verizon?

The error message has a number: #16397. How can I find out what this error message means? I can't find it in the manual.
    Shouldn't make any difference - the PDA part is essentially the same. I have an unlocked GSM Treo 650 which syncs absolutely fine with 10.4.1, but I am using The Missing Sync v4.0.5 - which I thoroughly recommend, by the way. MUCH better than the Palm software, which has always been slightly problematic in my experience and that of others.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Have sa sprint phone. upgraded to Tiger and couldn't isync. uninstalled missing sync, got rid of palm desktop reinstalled missingsync. Sync worked once then stopped again. isync would reset treo. uninstalled and reinstalled again, no go. finally did hard rest on treo and now everything works great. There was another thread that mentioned the order that you install things being important. also look at isync info at apple. isync is a little different in Tiger.