1.    #1  
    Is it possible to directly transfer files using BT to the treo 650's SD card? Right now I have been using Bluetooth File Transfer.app from OS X and just sending to ram and then manually moving it to the card from the Treo's side.

Any thoughts on how to do this? It would be a big help I think for lots of us.

Also, I tend to get anywhere from 12-15 K/s using BT File Transfer -- is this right? it seems on the slow side... do I have things set up right?

Thanks all!
    -mir
    Quote Originally Posted by u2mir
    Is it possible to directly transfer files using BT to the treo 650's SD card? Right now I have been using Bluetooth File Transfer.app from OS X and just sending to ram and then manually moving it to the card from the Treo's side.

Any thoughts on how to do this? It would be a big help I think for lots of us.

Also, I tend to get anywhere from 12-15 K/s using BT File Transfer -- is this right? it seems on the slow side... do I have things set up right?

Thanks all!
    -mir
    i'm not sure if this will work. But, if you drop a file in the "send to handheld" application, it gives you the choice of handheld or SD card. Then you can probably hotsync via bluetooth and have the file sent to the SD card.
  3.    #3  
    Well that's true.. but the whole point of BT file xfer is that its pretty fast and you don't have to waste time doing the whole sync process.. For that matter, I could remove the SD card and drop it in my card reader.. But the sexiness factor is much higher on direct file xfer to the card... hmmm...
    BT file transfer is agonizingly slow to and from the Palm. It's serial speed.
    But it's really cool.
    I use Drag'N'Tooth. Ridiculously easy. Drag file to icon, it moves it to your Palm. Around $20. Can pick default Bluetooth device and whether to copy to Palm or card. They are the makers of BeamPro and Nutshell as well as some other utilities. Very responsive.
    http://www.ecamm.com/mac/dragntooth/
  5. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcD
    I used Drag'N'Tooth with my previous PDA, but I'm having trouble getting it to see my Treo. I can transfer files easily using OS X's Bluetooth File Exchange (in the utilities folder), so I know BT exchange is possible, but when I tell Drag'N'Tooth to Discover New Palm, my Treo doesn't come up in the list (yes it's in discoverable mode, and the Treo and Powerbook are already paired). I thought maybe it was a bug in Drag'N'Tooth, as I notice it hasn't been updated since before the Treo 650 came out, but it sounds like you're getting it to work. What provider are you with? I have Verizon.
    im having the same exact issue. bluetooth file exchange works fine but drag'n'tooth wont discover my treo (cingular 1.23)
    btw im using a g4 tibook running the latest version of panter

hmmm......
    I just got a reply from Glen at Drag N Tooth.

650 compatible app early July. (It doesn't work for me either, I just assumed it would)
  8. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcD
    I just got a reply from Glen at Drag N Tooth.

650 compatible app early July. (It doesn't work for me either, I just assumed it would)
    Glad to hear it. I was afraid they might have stopped developing it. Drag'N'Tooth has always been my favorite method for adding software when I'm too lazy to plug in the sync cable (and can't wait the ten minutes for a BT sync).