1.    #1  
    I just bought (and love) the 650, but have a question. What I would like to find is software that my assistant can use to:

1. Make a record of phone messages that come in for me while I am out of the office, and

2. When she generates this record, by entering it into a PC, the program than automatically forwards that entry to my Treo, where I have immediate access to the missed phone messages and can promptly to the person who called.

The software that I envision would serve the dual purpose of doing away with the typical paper phone slips that greet me when I return to my office, and permit to return phone calls more promptly. Sure, my assistant can text message me, but that is very limited and does not create a searchable database of missed call.

The ONLY product I have found is WYWO (while you were out), but I am not too sure how effective this is. I tired to download their trial version and had no luck.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions on programs that might work.

Scott
    Could you not simply have her email the messages to you? If you have a specific format, for example putting 'MSG:' as a prefix to the subject line, it would be easily searchable, and as archivable as your email is currently. There are plenty enough Palm OS email clients (see the bazillion other threads debating the relative merits and demerits of each) from which to choose, so why reinvent the wheel?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenithNadir
    Could you not simply have her email the messages to you? If you have a specific format, for example putting 'MSG:' as a prefix to the subject line, it would be easily searchable, and as archivable as your email is currently. There are plenty enough Palm OS email clients (see the bazillion other threads debating the relative merits and demerits of each) from which to choose, so why reinvent the wheel?
    That is a thought. The idea was to completely streamline the process into a single step, and have a searchable database of callers and messages. But, you could be right, and perhaps the search functions of the email program are good enough. I definitely don't want to reinvent the wheel....I was hoping someone had already done it for me.
    I think you should investigate vastly simpler solutions. For example, when I'm out of the office, I often have my office phone calls forwarded to my Treo 600. I never miss a call! Alternatively, I also have my office voicemail set up to send a notification to my cell phone. So if I'm not forwarding and I miss a call, and the caller leaves a message, my Treo 600 rings, announcing that I have new voicemail, which I can elect to retrieve immediately, or wait and get later. Check into these options, I think you'll like them better.
    I usually have my office phone forwarded to my Treo, even when I'm in the office. Now I never miss a call.