1.    #1  
    WeSync's dying; I need a replacement. Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

WeSync was an extremely nifty system; add a PRC to your Palm plus extra stuff to your Conduit, and at sync time, your schedule changes zip up to the web. Up to 13 other calendar's changes are pulled down and stuffed into your Palm, and you now have, side by side, a combined calendar. The developers even created a web-based version, as well as a Windows client, so you could view & update without pulling your Palm off your Bat-Belt.

Well, WeSync is getting pretty moldy... even though Tanner Research bought it 15 months ago from PalmSource, which had been doing nothing with this gem of a service, little visible has happened since. There's nothing on Tanner's website about WeSync, just a vague announcement when syncing that hasn't changed since purchase day.

Calling Tanner results in wandering through the seven circles of voice mail hell without any sign as to where to find the WeSync team, and their voice mail system is so creaky, that asking to return to the main menu resuts in a disconnect.

It's begging to look like WeSync is Abandonedware. Too bad software patents (themselves an excreble concept) and copyrights don't expire if you don't maintain the code.

And, WeSync is committing various wierdnessness, adding, duplicating and deleting events without reason.

So, I must find a replacement. Ideally, it has a web interface, or failing that, a Windows and Linux client for updates via desktop.

It must sync my changes to Her calendar, and vice versa. It also must make it clear which items are whose (the side-by-side view WeSync gave was superb). Wireless syncing (like WeSync also provided) is also desirable.

Yahoo Calendar sucketh mightily, like dead bunnies through a straw, to quote the First Blogger. Got Ideas?

Your assistance in finding a replacement is truly appreciated.
    --
    K7AAY
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Beloved WeSync I had to dump for my biz over 2 years ago.

You might consider Outlook Exchange hosting thru an A.S.P.

It's so reasonable now ($7-$10 ea box/mo with http://dslextreme.com for example) that it now makes sense even for personal use.

You can use Mac too (with Entourage and with some limitations).
  3.    #3  
    Outlook & OE not allowed at my workplace - they've been adjudged as a Security Risk. So, a solution not using O/OE is needed. Not adverse to paying for it.
    --
    K7AAY
    John

Wesync is the only reason I stopped using a PSION and moved over to a PALM. There is a beta version that works on Treo 600 (and I assume the 650). I have been using it for some time. I am part of a group (5 of us) in different locations that need each others information (both calendar and address book). We all set our stuff to read only. That has really helped with the duplicating issue. I think what happens is when Wesync has problem in a sync, it puts copies in "Unfiled." We also leave unfiled empty.

SPG
    Also a former WeSync user - my wife and I used it to keep track of what we are doing. Now, we just use "beam category" in the built-in datebook. We each have a category for things we need to share (our name is the category name) and beam that category to the other with the "replace all" option. Its not automatic, but it works pretty well, as long as we do it every couple of days.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by SPG
    Wesync is the only reason I stopped using a PSION and moved over to a PALM. There is a beta version that works on Treo 600 (and I assume the 650).
    There are known problems with PalmOS 5.4.5 and above with that beta, so I'm SOL.
    --
    K7AAY
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by SPG
    Wesync is the only reason I stopped using a PSION and moved over to a PALM. There is a beta version that works on Treo 600 (and I assume the 650). I have been using it for some time. I am part of a group (5 of us) in different locations that need each others information (both calendar and address book). We all set our stuff to read only. That has really helped with the duplicating issue. I think what happens is when Wesync has problem in a sync, it puts copies in "Unfiled." We also leave unfiled empty.
    Since we don't share contacts, only calendar items, this does not seem relevant.
    --
    K7AAY
    John:

I do not know about the problems with the Beta. Has worked fine for us. I do thing putting your calendar to read only would help with the duplicating issue.

I have never understood why Wesync did not just take off. Maybe the need for collaboration is not as great as I thought.

I hope you find what you need. I will be intrested in what it is. I do have concerns that Wesync might go away.

SPG