1.    #1  
    I just got my treo 600 on friday and took 4 pictures with it.. did a hot sync shortly after and noticed that it copied the pictures to the treo pictures folder.. at some point during the weekend i let the battery die, and when i got it back on, it was basically reset.. all my settings and software and pics were gone.. except my network password for some reason.. anyway, so i started taking pictures again.. then did a hotsync. what happened here is messed up.. all the pictures i took today (the new ones) were deleted during the hotsync, and replaced on the treo with the ones from friday that were backed up in my palm pictures folder.. but the palm pictures folder only has the ones from friday too.. the pictures from today just disappeared.

so 2 questions, which should be obvious.. is there any way to recover the pictures from today? looks like they were over-written for some reason.

and how do i avoid this from happening again. i went to prefs and disabled picture backup. but wont that stop the pics from being copied to the computer during a hotsync?

thanks for the help,
    adam
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I have a similar problem. My 600 is a replacement for a 300 under the insurance and I never received a CD, my software was downloaded from Palm, so I don't have a lot of the documentation and I'm not sure I even have a "picture folder" on my laptop. Have been searching for pictures I took yesterday that disappeared at hotsynch. How - what format - are these stored at backup?
    there is a setting that decides whether what you have saved in the past in a hotsync will restore to your treo on a hotsync, and vise versa
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by exT
    so 2 questions, which should be obvious.. is there any way to recover the pictures from today? looks like they were over-written for some reason.
    I don't think so. Word of caution, if you ever have it reset like that from a low battery issue, hotsync first before you do anything with it. If you had, then you would have had your old pictures on it and then when you would have taken more, they would have synced over.

Quote Originally Posted by exT
    and how do i avoid this from happening again. i went to prefs and disabled picture backup. but wont that stop the pics from being copied to the computer during a hotsync?
    I take a lot of pics with my 600. I have them saved to the sd card. That way they are never overwritten when I hotsync. If you do this, it will take a little longer for them to save (because its accessing the card) but you wont have to worry about it.)

If you want them on your pc, then at some point you can copy all the pics over from the sd card to your treo and then perform a hotsync.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by hocndoc
    I have a similar problem. My 600 is a replacement for a 300 under the insurance and I never received a CD, my software was downloaded from Palm, so I don't have a lot of the documentation and I'm not sure I even have a "picture folder" on my laptop. Have been searching for pictures I took yesterday that disappeared at hotsynch. How - what format - are these stored at backup?
    They are stored in .jpg format.

The path to my pics on my laptop is: C:\Program Files\Handspring\Treo Pictures
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thanks so much to all. I don't think I do have that file - or at least I can't find it. Now, I'll try to figure out how to create one.