Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    And always, ChitChat Lite, which is free.

http://www.kalemsoft.com
    CC Lite is the only IM program that has yet to reset my Treo. I'm getting a good 2-3 reset per day with VeriCrash right now.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    I've not read Verichat's privacy policy, but I would venture to say that fair-use/monitoring of data for "health of the server" could easily eddy over into reading IM logs.
    I would be willing to bet they don't keep logs of IM's or that they don't keep -any- logs whatsoever.

It's a liability issue. If someone does something bad over Verichat and the FBI shows up demanding logs.... they can tell the truth and not have any logs to give thereby idemnifying themselves.

I haven't read their privacy policy in awhile either, so it's mostly conjecture on my part anyway.

I'm a huge F/OSS fan myself. We run linux now for a lot of things here were I work. Hell, I even run Linux as my desktop OS. I tried all the IM+'s and Verichat won me over. Doesn't happen very often, but it suited my needs. cc-lite suited your needs. Right tool for the right job. =)
    http://munduwireless.com/prd/php/featuresv3.php
    Version 3 has full support for background mode, supposed to
    support "cross conferencing" between different IM services
    (but I've never tried that).
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    All I want is Free IM to AOL and MSN... what are the real free options?
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    All I want is Free IM to AOL and MSN... what are the real free options?

Agile messenger is free (beta):

http://www.agilemobile.com/agile_messenger.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Agile messenger is free (beta):

http://www.agilemobile.com/agile_messenger.html
    Do you use Agile? Does it work well on the Sprint T650?

Thanks,
    Kaos

Thanks,
    Kaos
    Good question...I do know it works fine on a Pocket PC.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

Thanks,
    Kaos

No, I use verichat. You can download the palmos version of agile below fyi:

http://updates.am-im.net/AgileMessenger.prc

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Well I downloaded agile... looks like a nice free app with a ton of potential... I can connect to MSN... but I am having problems connection to AIM and yahoo... Anyone else use Agile and having the same issue?
    I tried to use Agile and couldn't connect to either AIM or ICQ
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz
    I thought I posted this last night...maybe I only previewed it... At any rate:

"Direct Connect" in the context of AIM clients means that the two AIM clients establish a connection with each other and communicate that way instead of passing IM's and such through the AIM IM servers. You're right...there are no Palm clients that do this.

This is not, however, what I said.

What I said was is that there are clients who 'directly connect' to the respective IM servers and speak their native protocols (or at least parts of them). There -are- a few palm clients that do that. There was even one recently that showed a lot of promise, but I'll be darned if I can remember what it was...anyone?...bueller?...
    Nope I understood you right. If there is one, I'd love to see it. Because I am Deaf and use a AIM <-> Landline type portal, the delays from a proxy are a real problem/
    Pete
    So does Agile (or the others for that fact) use SMS to send messages? I do not have them on my account, but do have unlimited vision (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by wareynolds
    So does Agile (or the others for that fact) use SMS to send messages? I do not have them on my account, but do have unlimited vision (Sprint)
    Negative on the SMS.
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz
    I see now that it is advertised as being able to 'run the background.' I'm fairly certain, however it does -not- do it the way Verichat and Causerie do. Maybe their data-only mode, but not SMS mode. The SMS mode, for me, is the best way to go. But, then I have unlimited SMS.

Chatopus runs in the background with your GPRS or data connection. However, it does not support SMS for incoming IM messages.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123