1.    #1  
    Has anyone using Cingular been able to get this to work? Most I can do is two numbers conferenced together, with a third number on the other line.
    I've been able to do it. I've only had 3 people all on the line though and was able to successfully link everyone without a problem using Cingular
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Scarynger, I think this might be a "feature" that you first have to activate with Cingular CS before it will work on your phone.

Give 611 a buzz and see what they say.
  4.    #4  
    neptical - When you had three people on the line, does this include yourself? Or is it three seperate people, plus yourself (4-way conference) ?

spiVeyx - The first person in the data dept I spoke with looked into this. As far as he could tell, the only feature needed to be enabled was three way calling.

I spoke with the Cingular CS, who sent me to their data department. At first they said that I probably had a bad sim card. So I got a new sim today. Same issue. Called the data center back and they didn't know what to say. Put me on the line with another representative from another CS dept who told me that this was a limitation on the cingular network. You are able to have a 3-way conference, and are able to have an additional line, however, that additional line will not be able to link to the 3-way conference. Said Cingular does not have any immediate plans to allow this.

Any other Cingular users seeing contrary to this and able to do a 4/5/6 - way conference?
    I have the same issue. I can do a 6-way call (5-way + myself) on a regular Cingular GSM cell phone, but not on a unlocked unbranded Treo. Not sure if this issue has been identified. I guess I'll keep searching...
    Quote Originally Posted by scavynger
    neptical - When you had three people on the line, does this include yourself? Or is it three seperate people, plus yourself (4-way conference) ?
    I'm only 6 months late responding to this... lol

But yes I have had 4 people on the line (including myself) all at the same time... so that's 3 extra people. I didn't try to call them though, the 3rd person called me and I added her on, maybe that's why it worked?
    I have an unbranded unlocked Treo 650 and use the 6 way conference call feature routinely. All I did was call Cingular and have it "activated" as described in a previous post.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsojda
    I have an unbranded unlocked Treo 650 and use the 6 way conference call feature routinely. All I did was call Cingular and have it "activated" as described in a previous post.
    I understand what you're saying - however it would seem to me that if I take my Cingular SIM and place it another GSM phone, and 6-way calling DOES work, then if I take my SIM card and put it back into the Treo and it does NOT work, that it is a function issue with the Treo. Maybe I'm missing something...
    Works on tmo, but you have to have the others beyond 3 (including yourself) dial in via call waiting. Hope you do this during unlimited minutes time, otherwise you get charged 1 minute per connection. (for 6 people total, you get charged 5 minutes per each minute of the call)
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.