1.    #1  
    hi all, I would appreciate a tip on starting fresh with my Treo600 without messing things.
    After one year use, dozens of applications not always properly cleansed after, and with freezing incoming calls during periods, I'm almost decided to restart everything for good.
    - If I hard reset and selectively reinstall all the applications, will the old Treo come over again at next hotsync? Where should I start fresh from? Should I delete the old user and set a new from installing Palm Desktop software?
    - Also, when upgrading to a bigger SD card -contents copyed through card reader- I've noticed some icons don't find their apps. Should the new card have the same name so that the old shortcuts can work, or what?
    Thanks a lot in advance.
    Cinta

PS.- I'M NOT CROSSPOSTING, I'VE JUST MISTAKINGLY POSTED THIS IN TREO650 HARDWARE, sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by cinta
    hi all, I would appreciate a tip on starting fresh with my Treo600 without messing things.
    After one year use, dozens of applications not always properly cleansed after, and with freezing incoming calls during periods, I'm almost decided to restart everything for good.
    - If I hard reset and selectively reinstall all the applications, will the old Treo come over again at next hotsync? Where should I start fresh from? Should I delete the old user and set a new from installing Palm Desktop software?
    You can do that. That way you won't copy over all your other stuff. Then you can select which items you want to hotsync over one at a time. You probably follow the directions for a person migrating from the 600 to the 650.

Quote Originally Posted by cinta
    - Also, when upgrading to a bigger SD card -contents copyed through card reader- I've noticed some icons don't find their apps. Should the new card have the same name so that the old shortcuts can work, or what?
    I am assuming that you are using a launcher program like zlauncher and the aliases that you created are not being found on the other card? I havent had that problem...maybe someone else could post about their experience. It sounds like what you are doing should work (renaming the card). I think there is an option to 'update all shortcuts' or something like that for zlauncher, maybe look for something like that.
    You need to rename the BP/backup/ folder (so that everything won't be reinstalled during the first hotsync), perform a hard reset, then install the selected items from the old/renamed backup folder.

I'd recommend checking out one of the Uninstall manager apps. Great way to get rid of the problem applications.
  4.    #4  
    thanks for the tips, it's been very usefull and i'm now reinstalling from battery connectivity reset.
    One more question is left: what should I preferibly do with with all the apps in the well packed SD Card (1Gb)? Erase also, format and reinstall or leave it like that and make new shortcuts to Ram? In this case, i guess some garbage and leftovers will still remain in the SD card...
    thanks