1.    #1  
    well, after scouring ebay for the past four days tryinng to find the perfect case for my 650, here's what I ended up with.

this case fits my 650 very well and as you can see, it doesnt rob the looks of the phone but provides very good protection. it doesnt obstruct the phone's buttons which means they're easily accessible which is a nice feature to have unlike other cases I've used in the past that cover the phone's buttons which can make the buttons kind of hard to press.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ozzieg...o650_case1.jpg

no obstructions to the camera lens and the speakerphone sounds just fine.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ozzieg...o650_case2.jpg

the top of the case is open so you can still use the IR window if you need to and the SD card is easily accessible as well.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ozzieg...o650_case3.jpg

the bottom of the case allows the hotsync cable to be connected without any trouble.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ozzieg...o650_case4.jpg

-quick summary-

as I said above, the case fits the phone just fine and it still allows me to get alot of "ooohs and ahhhhs" remarks from people who see me out in public with the phone.

but as we all know, no case is perfect and this case certainly isnt no exceptions. from what I can tell, it only has two drawbacks which is whats keeping me from calling this a 100% perfect case.

1. while the case does provide very well screen protection, it does present a minor inconvience. the screen's outter borders can be somewhat hard to be activated by the stylis because the material on the case's screen protector is kind of thick so it does require me to have to press a little bit harder if/when I need to click on something thats on the very edge of the screen. oh well, thats no real biggie for me because I seldom need to do this task.

2. the case's swivel belt clip is the ratcheting kind which has always annoyed the hell out of me. oh well, thats just something I'll have to learn to live with.

-but other than ^ those two things, I really cannot find anything wrong with this case and I must say that I did get my money's worth. I have placed a link below to the person who I bought the case from on ebay if anyone is interested in getting one.

ebay seller who sold me this case.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Not a bad case. But I like the Krusell Treo 650 case. I hate "swivel" cases and Krusell gives you a selection of clips to choose from. I would say the only down fall of this case is that the upper corner of the phone is exposed to damage if dropped. Aside that, not a bad case.

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-20--145.htm
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    i must say that is very nice...excellent job

one thing that i dont like...well more like worries me is the pressure being applied to the antenna. Althogh it maybe minimal, the leather can be pulled increasing the pressure on teh antenna...and then snap
  4.    #4  
    ^ yeah, I've always been a big fan of the Krusell cases but I dont like how hard it can be to use a phone's buttons when they're being covered by the case which has always been the situation with me with all of the Krusell cases I've owned in the past.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    well more like worries me is the pressure being applied to the antenna.
    actually there's zero pressure on the antenna.

^ this was also a concern w/ me when I ordered the case but luckily for me it isnt a problem with my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziegn
    actually there's zero pressure on the antenna.

^ this was also a concern w/ me when I ordered the case but luckily for me it isnt a problem with my 650.
    thanks for proving me wrong

great job
    This is the Sydney Harbour case, right?

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-20--230.htm
    <snip>

but as we all know, no case is perfect and this case certainly isnt no exceptions. from what I can tell, it only has two drawbacks which is whats keeping me from calling this a 100% perfect case.

1. while the case does provide very well screen protection, it does present a minor inconvience. the screen's outter borders can be somewhat hard to be activated by the stylis because the material on the case's screen protector is kind of thick so it does require me to have to press a little bit harder if/when I need to click on something thats on the very edge of the screen. oh well, thats no real biggie for me because I seldom need to do this task.

2. the case's swivel belt clip is the ratcheting kind which has always annoyed the hell out of me. oh well, thats just something I'll have to learn to live with.

-but other than ^ those two things, I really cannot find anything wrong with this case and I must say that I did get my money's worth. I have placed a link below to the person who I bought the case from on ebay if anyone is interested in getting one.

ebay seller who sold me this case.
    I would also add the following concern :

The screen is outward facing (unprotected in a few areas) and can easily be rubbed up against a wall, table corner, etc. For this reason, I wound up purchasing a Seidio case where the T650 is inward facing and clips so that the screen is up against a protective layer of cloth+plastic. It is also a swivel clip. It works really well and I even carry my T650 with me in this belt clip while jogging, it has yet to come loose! The only downside to the Seidio case is that I've noticed the paint rubbing off in the upper-right of the T650 casing. A minor issue for me.

Before buying the Seidio case, I tried the palmOne leather case which is also outward facing. I felt really uncomforatable with this case. I didn't like that others can see who's calling me (picture ID) and the fact that it can easily get bumped up against a wall, etc. The first time I took my T650 jogging was with this case and it fell out onto the concrete after just 5 min. The Seidio case has never done this (I do have insurance on my phone for these types of things).

My recommendation would be this case.

Just my .02...
    Last edited by jonecool; 06/06/2005 at 12:53 PM.
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonecool
    I would also add the following concern :

The screen is outward facing (unprotected in a few areas) and can easily be rubbed up against a wall, table corner, etc.
    huh? what are you talking about?

my case provides 100% screen protection.

My recommendation would be this case.

Just my .02...
    you're kidding me, right? holster cases provide ZERO protection.

heck, as a matter of fact, holster cases actually do more harm than good because they always tend to scuff up the pastic parts on the phone that come into contact with the holster itself.

just like the POS holsters on the Nextel phones. every single Nextel phone I've seen that was used in a holster has had several scuff marks from where the phone's been in contact with the holster.
    FWIW, I prefer Innopocket's case, especially the new magnesium one where the cover swings all the way out of the way (double-hinged) with an SD-Card holder, too.

http://www.innopocket.com/web/produc...3115543887.jpg http://www.innopocket.com/web/produc...3152315903.jpg
    http://www.innopocket.com/web/produc...3153950904.jpg http://www.innopocket.com/web/produc...6317341910.jpg

Innopocket

I actually broke the plastic cover protecting the screen on my aluminum Innopocket case - I don't think it would have been very pretty had I bumpep into the same object with this case. I consider the Innopocket cases to be the closest thing to "bulletproof" you can find while satill being functional.
    huh? what are you talking about?

my case provides 100% screen protection.

you're kidding me, right? holster cases provide ZERO protection.
    The one I mention only leaves the back of the phone exposed. The screen is fully protected. I would much rather have the Seidio case if I were to bump up against the corner of a table than one with the glass screen facing outward. Even with a thin plastic cover, it is still more susceptible to damage.

I also do not like a case where the display is facing outward and fully visible to anyone. Especially when the T650 tends to turn itself on all by itself at times when trying to establish network connectivity. Someone can be easily reading your e-mail without your knowing it

heck, as a matter of fact, holster cases actually do more harm than good because they always tend to scuff up the pastic parts on the phone that come into contact with the holster itself.
    True, there are scuff marks in the upper-right of the plastic casing. I mentioned this as one drawback

It's all a matter of preferences. You have yours, I have mine...
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Hmmm, this might just be the case that I am looking for. The Sydney Case. very nice.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I think it looks kind of nice but I'm afraid it also looks a little bit like my grandmother's furniture covers. (she covers it in plastic )
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    (she covers it in plastic )
    well thats the whole point in this case.

its wrapped in plastic to provide protection but at the same time you can still see how cool the phone looks.

unlike alot of other cases where you cant even see what the phone looks like because its buried (sp?) in leather or vinyl.
    Great pictures! I'm guessing you didn't take those with the a Treo camera.
    Well i've just taken the plunge & ordered a Vaja I65.

Now comes the next long wait!