Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. pdadoc's Avatar
    Posts
    407 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
       #1  
    I'm looking for a simple cradle to hold my 650 on a car vent. I know proclip has great units, but $60+ seems steep (have to buy 2 parts). I've seen good reviews on the simple vent mount from Extremepda, but I'd like to know if the lower button on the side of the 650 is accessible when it's in the unit? I use Voicesignal, and would like to be able to access it (with that button) while in the cradle.

    Any other suggestions also appreciated-- thanks.
  2. #2  
    Yes it is. You can actually place legs on either top or bottom of the unit to optimize positioning of the side arms...
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Yes it is. You can actually place legs on either top or bottom of the unit to optimize positioning of the side arms...
    If either of you is using this mount, can you tell me whether it covers up any of the ports on the bottom, if I leave the feet on the bottom?
  4. pdadoc's Avatar
    Posts
    407 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
       #4  
    I bought the vent mount from Treocentral. it was terrible. No instructions, and simply did not hold on the vent well at all. It's being returned. I instead sprung for the proclip mount. Ridiculously expensive (about $75 with shipping!!), but *really* excellent. It's rock solid, holds the treo very well without covering any buttons. I'm keeping it.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    I bought the vent mount from Treocentral. it was terrible. No instructions, and simply did not hold on the vent well at all. It's being returned. I instead sprung for the proclip mount. Ridiculously expensive (about $75 with shipping!!), but *really* excellent. It's rock solid, holds the treo very well without covering any buttons. I'm keeping it.
    Nice. Which Proclip mount did you get?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pl804
    If either of you is using this mount, can you tell me whether it covers up any of the ports on the bottom, if I leave the feet on the bottom?
    The feet on the bottom are also adjustable---so no ports are covered. I think extremepda's mount is the most cost-effective solution.
  7. #7  
    Semsons gives away a free vent mount when you buy a GPS receiver. I have one and it works great. The brand is "Arkon".
  8. pdadoc's Avatar
    Posts
    407 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
       #8  
    As to which proclip, their website (www.proclipusa.com) has menus that provide custom mounts for the vehicle you drive. I got a vent mount for a honda accord. comes in 2 pieces (got the swivel mount, which is very nice).
  9. #9  
    This is what I use. Fits side or center vent perfectly with access to bottom anal holes. Pretty sturdy, only shifts a bit if you make a sharp *** turn. Less than $10 at BB. It's called bracketron.

    http://images6.fotki.com/v1/photos/6...MGP0133-vi.jpg
    Treo Moblog: http://nudle.textamerica.com
  10. #10  
    Go to a Verizon store, ask them for their vent mount unit. It's pretty well made and solid. Fits Treo well.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_j
    This is what I use. Fits side or center vent perfectly with access to bottom anal holes. Pretty sturdy, only shifts a bit if you make a sharp *** turn. Less than $10 at BB. It's called bracketron.

    http://images6.fotki.com/v1/photos/6...MGP0133-vi.jpg
    Hi speedyj,

    I'm looking at Best Buy's website for this - is it the iPod holder, or something else? Any idea exactly what it's called, besides the brand? Thanks.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02
    Hi speedyj,

    I'm looking at Best Buy's website for this - is it the iPod holder, or something else? Any idea exactly what it's called, besides the brand? Thanks.

    This is what you want:

    http://www.bracketron.com/xmain/phm201.php

    Some BB has it in white which suits the Ipod but it's the same Dimension. I don't know if it's avail on .com but most BB i've been in carry this product. g'luck
    Treo Moblog: http://nudle.textamerica.com
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_j
    This is what I use. Fits side or center vent perfectly with access to bottom anal holes. Pretty sturdy, only shifts a bit if you make a sharp *** turn. Less than $10 at BB. It's called bracketron.

    http://images6.fotki.com/v1/photos/6...MGP0133-vi.jpg
    This is exactly what I use and works pretty well for $10. All buttons and bottom ports are accessible. I even use egrips and still fits. The only problem is I put it in the center vent and direct sun and extreme heat causes the vent clips to break a lot faster. I'm on my second one. Also note that this wont be as sturdy as the Proclips but it also doesnt stick out like Proclips so it has it's advantage and disadvantages.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02
    Hi speedyj,

    I'm looking at Best Buy's website for this - is it the iPod holder, or something else? Any idea exactly what it's called, besides the brand? Thanks.
    You're not gonna be able to find this at the site. You need to go to your local store.
  15. #15  
    does it vibrate a lot? I have the free arkon that came with my gps and my treo vibrates so bad I can't read the screen sometimes.
  16. #16  
    I got the free Arkon too. But ended up switching to Bracketron. It costs me $11.50 at a local BestBuy, and worth every penny. Rock solid and doesn't vibrate all all. You have to fiddle with the mounting options to best fit your vehicle setting.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall
    I got the free Arkon too. But ended up switching to Bracketron. It costs me $11.50 at a local BestBuy, and worth every penny. Rock solid and doesn't vibrate all all. You have to fiddle with the mounting options to best fit your vehicle setting.
    Thanks. I've been looking for something to buy with my $10 BB reward coupon!

Posting Permissions