Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Howdy,
    Just started Pocket Divx Encoder to compress my DVD movies. It looks pretty damn good. Here are the settings i output to:

    320 X 240
    29 fps
    96kbps
    Divx (with mp3 audio)

    Anyway question 1:
    For PDE (or other compression software) users what output settings do you find optimal for the treo 650?

    question 2:
    I made a divx .avi of my Incredibles dvd and it went great except that it repeats some shots several times in the movie. For instance the incredibles logo at the beginning is first shown in english, then french, then spanish etc. The also happens with some other (non language) scenes like when bob is putting down his plate. Anyone know what's up with that?

    Thanks for any help and suggestions. If you refer me too another tread (which i've searched already) please indicated where if it's a super long thread.

    Thank again,
    Jeff
    Carbon71 is online now Edit/Delete Message
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon71
    Howdy,

    question 2:
    I made a divx .avi of my Incredibles dvd and it went great except that it repeats some shots several times in the movie. For instance the incredibles logo at the beginning is first shown in english, then french, then spanish etc. The also happens with some other (non language) scenes like when bob is putting down his plate. Anyone know what's up with that?
    I'm pretty sure this has to do with the settings you use in DVDDecrypter rather than in PDE (it's picking up either alternate angles or alternate streams for those sections, something like that). It happened to me the first time as well but don't remember what I changed?

    Here is a DVD Decrypter guide if this helps you out...

    http://www.doom9.org/dvddec.htm

    Sorry I can't be more specific but I know it's somewhere in there..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Hmm. Read through it, but it doesn't seem very long. Did I miss it? Does it have to do with doing it in IFO mode?

    Let me know if you remember.

    Thanks for the response though.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon71
    Hmm. Read through it, but it doesn't seem very long. Did I miss it? Does it have to do with doing it in IFO mode?

    Let me know if you remember.

    Thanks for the response though.
    Which mode are you using? File or IFO or? Unfortunately I don't remember, I'd have to decrypt it over again to try it out... IFO mode might make more sense so you can disable some streams..someone else will probably chime in to help
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #5  
    Unfortunately the author of DVD Decrypter was issued a cease and desist order. His website was shut down and his source code confiscated.

    I saw the story on slashdot: http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?s...tid=123&tid=17

    Grab it while you can, there won't be any more versions of it.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah I've got a copy. Thanks for the heads up.

    OK, tried DVD Decrypter in IFO mode and picked the first PGC that it autoselected. It ripped the main .vob files sequence but no audio that i could see. The resulting .avi was unplayable(got error when starting).

    Damn. Can anyone shed some light on this? Is there another ripper? I just need to know how to avoid muliple angle and branching stuff.

    Thanks for any help,
    Jeff
  7.    #7  
    Ok, tried DVD decrypter again in "F" mode. Went to the text menu and clicked "select main movie". It ripped:
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB
    VTS_01_5.VOB
    VTS_01_6.VOB
    VTS_01_7.VOB

    Great. this is the main movie and pocket divx encoder encodes it as such. BUT it still has the repeated shots problem exactly as mentioned before!

    Any other advice? Please?

    Any links to other forums/sites would also be much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Jeff
  8. kaoswlf's Avatar
    Posts
    349 Posts
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon71
    Ok, tried DVD decrypter again in "F" mode. Went to the text menu and clicked "select main movie". It ripped:
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB
    VTS_01_5.VOB
    VTS_01_6.VOB
    VTS_01_7.VOB

    Great. this is the main movie and pocket divx encoder encodes it as such. BUT it still has the repeated shots problem exactly as mentioned before!

    Any other advice? Please?

    Any links to other forums/sites would also be much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Jeff

    I have a question....

    How do you take all those files and make them into 1 file? Or do you have to save an rename each one as Incredpart1 incredpart2... etc. Then transfer them 1 by 1 to your treo for viewing?

    Thanks for your help,
    Kaos
  9. #9  
    When you convert to AVI with PDE you just select the first one and it combines them all together into one file
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  10. kaoswlf's Avatar
    Posts
    349 Posts
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    When you convert to AVI with PDE you just select the first one and it combines them all together into one file
    Excellent!! I just tried it. Thanks for your help.
  11. #11  
    You can also select an option i DVD Decrypter to put all in one file in the first place. Under options IFO mode. Select none for file splitting.
  12.    #12  
    When i combine them into 1 big .vob file, i got some wierd stuff. pocket encoder had a haard time and then the file wouldn't play. I had to go back to regular files splitting mode, which works fine EXCEPT for the fact that it records all the alternate shots (like spanish, french writing).

    Anyone else? any help?
  13.    #13  
    By the by- All audio has been off sync also (for both movies ive encoded so far. Anyone got any tips for that?
  14.    #14  
    OK, I'll bump this one time and give up I guess.
    *sigh*

    Disappointed,
    Jeff

Posting Permissions