1.    #1  
    Hi all.
    Need a bit of help here. I bought this item off of ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

Looks like an unbranded phone, right? I asked the guy if it was unbranded, he said yes. It was brand new, he has the same phone that he's using on tmobile, yadda yadda. Well, it came in a CINGULAR BOX, with no logo physically on the phone, but i get a cingular splash screen when i turn the phone piece on.

Sooooo... I figure, no big deal, it works on my Tmo account, it's all good, right? Well, I called PalmOne just to ask about the warranty and I am told that this is a Cing/ATT locked phone. Since it's been unlocked, poof, there goes my warranty with palmone.

What do you all think I should do here? Obviously, this is a case of fraud (or just ignorance on the part of the guy who sold me the phone). I am going to call Tmo and see if I can sign up for handset protection, but I think all that would get me if i kill this phone is a treo 600 at the moment, because they don't have a 650.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    TI Avigo --> Palm III --> Palm m505 --> HP Ipaq something or other --> Danger Sidekick (Color) --> GSM Unlocked Treo 600 --> GSM Unlocked Treo 650
    Who says your warranty is gone? Many folks have unlocked their Treos after receiving their unlock code from Cingular - it should have absolutely no bearing on your warranty status.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  3.    #3  
    I actually called palmone to check... The support guy told me that since it was an unlocked phone that didn't come from P1, I have no manufacturer's warranty on the phone. Granted, this guy was obviously an outsourced resident of India, but he supposedly checked with his "manager".
    TI Avigo --> Palm III --> Palm m505 --> HP Ipaq something or other --> Danger Sidekick (Color) --> GSM Unlocked Treo 600 --> GSM Unlocked Treo 650
    Cingular warrantees Cingular phones. Since it has been "resold" from original buyer Cingular probably wouldn't cover it. You've been "had" because it wasn't a PalmOne unlocked phone but a Cingular phone that had been unlocked.

P1's warranty policy by carrier is here:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/co...reo650fmrattws
  5.    #5  
    So my best option for getting a phone with a warranty is to do what - unload this phone and go with an unlocked GSM through palmone?

And also - if an ebay seller says that a phone is unlocked/unbranded, shows a picture of an unbranded box (no cingular logos) and then sends me a cingular box with a cingular unlocked phone, shouldn't that be considered that the "product was not received exactly as described"? The seller is trying to tell me that he won't refund all of my purchase price if I want to return it. I don't think he understands the difference between unbranded and unlocked.... What a hassle!
    Yes .. you've been had ..... either intentionally or not. The only unlocked phone warranteed by P1 is one purchased from them. (edit: or through one of their legit resellers)