goes into indefinite reboot cycle. Before buying the treo

650, I have followed dedicated treo sites since November

2004. With all I read about the palm, its software, hardware

- its downside and upside(more positve than negative), I am

rather mad and disappointed the way this treo turned out to

be. Is treo not as rugged as I was made to believe. I never

own a palm device before but this premier experience is not

good.
    This may not be your issue, but I wound up having similar issues after installing Doc2Go. Worked fine for about a week, then something got corrupted (possibly in the PreferencesDB) and everytime Hotsync would complete the T650 would reset. I traced it back to Word2Go in Docs2Go. I then used the utility from the DataViz website to remove Docs2Go completly, Hotsync'd again, no issues. I've since switched to QuickOffice. It's a shame, I really like Docs2Go better but the instability on the T650 was a problem for me (YMMV).

To get it out of the reboot, try holding the Up button on the grey screen to bypass the startup of other apps. This is documented in the T650 manual, it's called a system reset and can be found on p.168. This should get you out of the infinite loop.
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    I just had a very similar problem.

Today, I noticed that I was unable to initiate a PPP connection on my Sprint Treo 650. I hit the reset button and the phone goes into an endless cycle of rebooting.

The only thing I had changed recently was upgrading to the latest version of Documents to Go. So I did a hard reset, then manually re-added all my favorite apps, and databases, except docs to go. Problem solved.

This totally sucks. I like D2G, and spent a lot for the pro version.
    If even a hard reset doesn't work, then I don't know what to tell ya... sorry.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Try a safe/warm reset. The instructions are in the manual. This is different than a soft reset or a hard reset. Once you've done a warm reset, then remove third party apps, docs to go, etc. and see if it will allow a hard reset. Then, install the third party apps one by one making sure everything works properly following install.....
    I am having the same problem infinate rebooting and ##377 keeps saying it culprit is "phone" . It seems to come up fine but once the 650 goes to sleep it reboots... very frustrating and I didn't insall anything just hotsynced!
    I did the safe/warm reset and when i tried to delete the Doc2Go apps, the phone would reboot! It seems like when the system touched the Doc2Go files for any reason, the phone would reboot. The hard reset was my only other option!