1.    #1  
    I just got this, thought you folks wanted to know:
    SnapperMail 2.2.7.01 has just been released. It's available to all
    registered users and as a full trial version. This release includes
    the following:

FIXED

- Replied messages that don't quote original are now marked as replied.
    - Treo650: Disappearing graffiti shift indicator while composing fixed.
    - IMAP: Improved AOL support.
    - IMAP: Syncing sent messages crash fixed.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Anyone brave enough to try this first and let us know how it works?

By the way, reverend rhino, do you have any more details on what "improved AOL support" means?

Thanks, Casey.
  3.    #3  
    I have no idea, I got this info from their forum and they also state their working on Version 3.0 now. I would also like to know the specifics....sorry. Anyone?

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Rhino, thanks for your reply. I also checked out their Yahoo forum, and found limited info...nothing more than what you already posted. I posted a question on their forum on what improved AOL support means, so maybe I'll get a reply. -Casey.
    By the way, if or when the new version 3.0 arrives, are we entitled to that upgrade for free? Or are we limited to free upgrades for only 2.xxx versions? I have the Enterprise version myself. -Casey
    Snapper has been saying the EXACT same thing re: 3.0 for a long time; there's nothing new on the boards lately. Their policy is to charge for major upgrades (2.x to 3.x).

Marc
  7.    #7  
    Of course.....we pay enough for Enterprise now for them to add, Push & Background Fetch is held to the 3x, so we can pay more. Marc, your gonna get a lot of new customers.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I'm inching a little closer each day myself
    I have it installed on my Treo, seems to work fine. I don't use AOL, though, so I can't vouch for the "improved AOL support".
    Like most software vendors, they charge for major version upgrades. I believe they offered a time-windowed free upgrade on the transition from 1.x to 2.x (if you bought 1.9 x days before 2.0 was released, it was free, or something). I'm pretty sure about that, but you should check with them for the real deal, of course.

I believe the Big Thing in 3.0 (i.e., the thing eating up a lot of their development energy) will be a Windows Mobile version (a wise thing for them to do as a company, useless to me, though). I'm not sure what features they are planning.

2.0 was only released last Sept, so I'm not too surprised that 3.0 isn't out yet.
    Haven't installed it yet...too busy! Plus, I still wanna get my SanDisk Ultra II 2GB SD card before I do anything else...
    ###
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf
    2.0 was only released last Sept, so I'm not too surprised that 3.0 isn't out yet.
    And it doesn't look like it will be for a while....

From the SM Yahoo group.

I think it's pretty safe to say that there is still a lot of work to be
    done on version 2.

---
    Jennifer Shelamer, Snapperfish Limited Corporation
    That was a typo, she meant to say "version 3". And I agree, I wouldn't expect it soon - Snapper usually puts out a series of betas for their new versions, and they haven't even hinted at starting that yet, so it's still being worked on.

Meanwhile, the current version works great for me.
    I tried this version and could not get the smtp to work. I used the exact same settings as version 2.1, which I have been using and could not send mail.
    Thinking ahead department: Once Palm comes out with their firmware fix later this month (discussed on another thread), I'm guessing we would have to re-install any version of Snapper we currently have to make sure there would be no conflicts.

But I sure hope not!