1.    #1  
    I just upgraded from a 600 to a 650 and was hoping for faster web browsing. It seems about the same. But when I go on a simple site like amazon, many times, the page wont load and I get a message saying the page is too large to display. I end up clearing the cache and cookies , but it does not really help. Can someone please recommend a solution . Do I need to buy more memory? I have nothing stored on the phone whatsoever...no pics, nothing. I just use it for web browsing so far.
    use another browser
  3.    #3  
    do you just download that? mozilla is much faster on my desktop. How would I download Mozilla?
    i dont think mozilla is for palm try web pro
  5.    #5  
    what site is that? webpro.com aint it.
    and then do I just download it?
    also, are you sure this would solve the problem? I will still be accessing the same website like amazon though. thanks
  6.    #6  
    what site is that? webpro.com aint it.
    and then do I just download it?
    also, are you sure this would solve the problem? I will still be accessing the same website like amazon though. thanks
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GIRTHBOY
    I just upgraded from a 600 to a 650 and was hoping for faster web browsing. It seems about the same. But when I go on a simple site like amazon, many times, the page wont load and I get a message saying the page is too large to display. I end up clearing the cache and cookies , but it does not really help. Can someone please recommend a solution . Do I need to buy more memory? I have nothing stored on the phone whatsoever...no pics, nothing. I just use it for web browsing so far.
    I have noticed that this ussually happends when the page does not load fast enough. If you acknowledge the message the page finishies loading.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    In Blazer, go to menu Options: Preferences: Advanced and inspect the value for "Memory limit for storing pages."
    - You will get a Blazer error if this is too low.
    - You will get a Treo error if this is larger than your available RAM and you load a huge page (soft reset if so).
    - You can dramatically reduce the page memory usage by turning off image loading (Options: Preferences: General: Disable Images). Click and hold on an image icon to load it later if needed.

-Jeff DLB
    Last edited by Jeff DLB; 06/06/2005 at 10:12 AM. Reason: typos
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Jeff,

Thanks for the tip on the 'click and hold' on image icons to selectively load them -- did not know that.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I tried to use WebPro 3.0 but when I click on the icon nothing happens... It might be a poblem with the version number no ?