1.    #1  
    Other than using a program like Butler, is there anyway to setup the Treo 650 so that a single keypress (not necessarily the phone key) can beam the Business Card via IR?

Any ideas?
    So we need a program that can execute the following menu sequence:

Phone, Contacts, Menu, Record, Beam Business Card.
    (Or one that just starts that beam.)

Sounds simple enough -- Any Palm Program writers out there??

Then we can assign that program to a button.
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/06/2005 at 09:58 AM.
    LOL, I was all ready with a "Insertion-esque" come back on this one, but decided to take prevent a case of foot and mouth disease by looking at how I do it....yeah..butler....Anti Foot and Mouth medicine tastes bad.....
    Its not bad to just go:

phone>menu>beam busness card

But there should be a free little app to simply press and hold the phone button to beam your card since it seems that was such a popular easy way to do it in the past.
    If you set a key as a shortcut key to contacts under preferences/buttons, you can beam your card simply by pressing down on that key. Has to be a main button, though. Phone, datebook, or mail.
    If you use TakePhone (GREAT stuff, must try it if you haven't) it can be set up to send the business card on a long-press of the Phone button. I have mine set to redial, however, but the option is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voices Carry
    If you set a key as a shortcut key to contacts under preferences/buttons, you can beam your card simply by pressing down on that key. Has to be a main button, though. Phone, datebook, or mail.
    If I go into prefs>buttons and set a hard button to contacts then press that hard button it just puls up contacts. If I hold the phone button it just calls the last number called.

Could you check this out again?
    I set datebook for contacts. Pressing and releasing pulls up contacts. Pressing and holding beams the contact I have set up as the business card. I have a Cingular GSM.
    Owwww,,, sorry I just realized I would have to push option+phone. I set contacts to the email button and your right, It worked, its beaming something! Now I just have to wait till the wifiey gets home with her Treo so I can check to see if it is the business card.

Its funny the poor guy posted this question 6 months ago and never got his answer untill a "BUMP" came along at the right time when some one who "knows" happen to be surfing.

Thanks Voices Carry
    On my old Palm V holding the contacts button would beam the business card. I dont see that functionality with the 650.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.