Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I just upgraded to Pocket Tunes 3 -- I can't believe how cool this streaming music is using shoutcast. Some stations come in great while others seem to buffer all the time (real annoying). I was thinking it would be cool to start a list of people's favorite stations which they stream to Pocket Tunes without a lot of buffering -thanks
    I like Radio Paradise, AP News Live, Smoothjazz.Com, KJAZ. TreoBits.com is a good source for that stuff.
    Nice job, anyone else have favs for Shoutcast? Even though I've heard a few stations, not one, got me.....yes buffering sucks *ss....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I don't have any particular station suggestions, but I have good luck with 96kbps streams and below. at 128, i get buffering. (I'm on Cingular.) I wish shoutcast.com would let you search for any bitrate, but instead they have presets that make it difficult to find what I am looking for.

-E
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    The shoutcast links at www.treobits.com should be all Treo Friendly(tm). =)

Point blazer to http://mobile.treobits.com/
    Hit 7 (or 5-way to the Shoutcast link)

There ya go...
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Thanks - I agree that using the Treobits links really helps but still - there are so many stations to listen to - I thought maybe we could start a thread where people list their 5 most listened to stations
    OK, I'll dive in:

WNYC-AM
    Radio Paradise
    SomaFM Presents: Secret Agent
    WDET FM 101.9 Detroit
    WPSU-FM
    I'm a Shoutcast/Pocket Tunes newbie, even though I had PT on my T600 2 years ago (never used it). But now that I've upgraded to Version 3 (via the T600 app discount price), Shoutcast sounds groovy! (Haven't used it yet!)

I know that most radio stations offer their broadcast via their Websites. Here's hoping we could convince our local/favorite radio stations to offer a Shoutcast option (if they haven't already).
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Shoutcast is also called streaming MP3, or just MP3, and they may not call out the term 'shoutcast' on their site. here's a good source for MP3 live broadcasts http://www.live-radio.net/info.shtml

Theres numerous threads on this subject here