1.    #1  
    Hi all... GREAT forum site.

I currently own a HP iPaq rx3115 (bluetooth, wifi) and a Nokia 6620. I have t-mobile USA as a service provider. I just bought my Nokia 6620 less than a month ago. I'm not completely satisfied with it compared to my Nokia 3650.

I am highly interested in ordering the unlocked Treo 650 from P1. It was my first choice instead of the 6620, but I went with the cheaper choice. The treo would replace my pocket pc and phone. I have used Palm OS before, but not since os 4.1(I think)

I have a couple of what should be easy questions for you guys and gals...(I had many many more questions, but found answers by browsing and searching this forum)

1. How many numbers per contact?
    2. Can I talk on the treo using a bluetooth headset and send/receive textx at the same time(I can do this on my 6620)
    3. Can I be connected to GPRS and still receive calls?
    4. How long can I record video for? 6620 has 10min.
    5. Can I send files via bluetooth? mainly photos. I use Resco file explorer on the PPC for this and I would be highly interested in Resco for the Treo.
    6. Mapopolis. I use Mapopolis on my PPC and would definitely want this on the palm. Any hangups with mapopolis on the Treo?

Has anybody used a Nokia 6620 or 3650 and know how the Treo 650 stacks up in RF performance? This is mainly why i am not satisfied with the 6620. 3650 was GREAT!.

The earpiece volume sounds great compared to my 6620. I tested with a Treo 650 at the cingular store. I have heard complaints on this on the Treo, but sounds good to me.

Finally RESETS!!...The Treo actually hard resests out of the blue? I won't be too daring witrh 3rd party apps. Treo does basically what I need out of the box. If I do regular backups, can I restore from backup with no problems?

THANK YOU ALL!!
    I look forward in owning a Treo 650 and hope to help out in the forums after I get to know my new baby...

-Erick
    Answer for #1: 7 spaces total: for contact phone numbers, (home, work, mobile,fax) and website or e-mail. 3 spaces for addresses (home, work, other)

Answer for #5: You can send files or photos via infared beaming, bluetooth or versamail.

I have had no spontaneous hard or soft re-sets with my Sprint Treo 650 after 4 months and I have 3rd party apps.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/05/2005 at 08:30 PM.
    First of all the earpiece volume sucks. You can record video for as long or as large as your SD memory card is. Which is sweet. Palm OS is neanderthal compared to PPC but it does it's job. I had a PPC phone and went back to my Treo 650 cuz it just more user friendly. Not perty but user friendly. You'll like it.
    I do not know about single ear pieces, but my volume on my Sideo earbud headset is great. It is a combo unit for music and phone calls. Has a button to switch between the two functions, a volume control with microphone and a retractable cord.
    2. and 3. YES
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  6.    #6  
    Perry, juice and crenshaw... Thanks so much for the replies. I'm sure you guys get sick of these types of questions. I'll probably order one and try everything out as far as RF performance goes. P1 says 30 days return policy...anybody have problems with returning a Treo? I highly doubt I will want to though...

Thanks again
    -Erick
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    First of all the earpiece volume sucks.
    Ever try a Nokia 6620... heheh I can't hear a darn thing.
    And don't forget the one great thing that doesn't come in the box!!!

This forum and your fellow Treo Users . . . . . no better user group in the world!!

(Of course, I am not biased.)

Browse thru the Treonauts.com blog, as well. Great stuff over the last 7 months on best of breed software & accessories and how to use info!! Andrew does a great job there. I read that blog and this forum for two months before buying my Treo 650.
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/05/2005 at 09:07 PM.
    Are you sure that "3" is a yes crenshaw? I am not a gsm user but as far as I knew gprs was only better than cdma at this- still without the true ability to receive a call while actively transmitting Internet or data traffic.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I ditto robber's concern on the ability to handle phone calls and data traffic at the same time, I don't think we are there yet, but I am a Sprint user and not a GPRS user.
  11.    #11  
    I guess I should have been more specific on my question of data. Some GSM phones can handle pausing the data connection and take the call...some can't. My 3650 and 6620 can. However, I think the call will go straigt to voicemail if the phone is currently transferring data.
  12.    #12  
    I agree with you Perry about this forum being the best!

I use howardforums for a lot of things, not much treo info on there. You people are all here

BTW, I see you are from Michigan also If sprint had good coverage at my home, i would be with them. My cousin works in Sprint store

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    And don't forget the one great thing that doesn't come in the box!!!

This forum and your fellow Treo Users . . . . . no better user group in the world!!

(Of course, I am not biased.)

Browse thru the Treonauts.com blog, as well. Great stuff over the last 7 months on best of breed software & accessories and how to use info!! Andrew does a great job there. I read that blog and this forum for two months before buying my Treo 650.
    "(I had many many more questions, but found answers by browsing and searching this forum)"
    Now that's the type of people that fit well in this forum. Welcome and if you get a 650, you'll be amazed what it can do for you.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter