1.    #1  
    Hey everyone
    I just received my new vaja T65 a few days ago. I was just wondering how you fellow vaja owners take care of your cases. I read the care instructions that came with it. However, I was wondering if you had any special tricks or specific products you use.
    Thanks for the help!
    This is a prime example of why I have not bought a Vaja case. You get a case to protect your Treo but then you need to protect and care for your case.
    Quote Originally Posted by neotope
    This is a prime example of why I have not bought a Vaja case. You get a case to protect your Treo but then you need to protect and care for your case.
    I thought it was an, uh, interesting question, too. I don't care for my Vaja. I use it to protect my Treo650.
  4.    #4  
    Well, the instructions that come with it say you should polish with a warm dry and clean cloth or soft and mild brush once a week. I have an expensive case and want it to last as long as possible.

These are the other tips that came along with the case:

1) Don't put adhesive stickers, glue will permanently mark the care surface.
    2) Leather breathes, that's what keeps it soft and supple. Do not store in plastic or other non-breathable covers. This will cause leather to become dry.
    3) Try to avoid very humid and dry environments as well as direct sunlight. This will shorten the life expectancy of the case.
    4) Don't use waxes, silicone products or other leather prepartaions that impair a garments ability to breathe.
    5) Don't scratch the case. Scratch marks simply do not go away, and tend to get bigger with use.
    6) Refer above.

So, Jazzi, if you, uh, want to shell out another $120 a few months down the road I think you should follow these tips. I just started this thread to see if any one use some time of conditioner or other substance to make their case last longer.
    Ok- I'll bite.

About once week, I wipe down the case with a slightly damp cloth - you'd be amazed at the crud your hands pick up over to course of a week.

After that, I clean the case with a clear leather cream called "drubin." I don't really know what it is, but it heals tiny scratches in the leather, helps clean of any facial oil that gets on the case (especially by the ear piece) and yes, keeps the case smelling of that special Vaja leathery smell.

Happy buffing.
    I use Zymol leather cleaner and leather conditioner (2 products) about once a month or so. Makes the case look new again.

I too find it kind of silly that I care about protecting my case as much as the Treo. Almost makes me wish Vaja didn't make such nice cases.
  7.    #7  
    Thank you, I appreciate the HELPFUL replies.
    Tried doing a search for drubin and (Zynol?) that other solution on Google but couldn't find anything. Where do you get it?
    It's Zymol with an "m" (http://www.zymol.com/). You can get it at any auto parts store, Target and K-Mart may sell the products as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    So, Jazzi, if you, uh, want to shell out another $120 a few months down the road I think you should follow these tips. I just started this thread to see if any one use some time of conditioner or other substance to make their case last longer.

A few months? How do you use your Treo? Dragging from the back of a motorcycle? I had a Vaja case for an IPOD, that looked great for years, from the original purchase, until someone stole it -- without any polish, wax, brush, etc.. I think the case will last much longer than the 650 will.
    You get Drubin at a shoe repair place.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    i use lexol..same as for my car seats
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    At 120 clams, you'd think the case would be self cleaning