1.    #1  
    All my folders and my account information are suddenly gone, and Chatter is telling me my trial is ending in six days, though I'm using a registered copy. The only folders I can see are Outbox, Drafts, and TreoSent. I haven't done anything unusual to bring this about, to my knowledge.

This has happened a couple of times before, but on much earlier versions. I thought this bug was squished a long time ago. I'm running 1.05.1[81:28] on a VZW 650.

Do I need to remove files and re-install Chatter, or can I just add my account information back in?

This is a real drawback to one of my favorite apps. I know nothing is really lost, thanks to the magic of IMAP, but it takes a long time to set up my whole account structure yet again.

I'm morally opposed to smileys, but in this case I'm going to make an exceptoin.
    People have seen this in 1.0.5.1, though sporadically. The good news is that the beta's (and the upcomnig 1.0.6) don't EVER have this issue. What I would do at this point is to remove Chatter entirely with the launcher (following a warm reset), load the beta, and rebuild.

Marc

p.s. Sorry about the problem. I know it's no consolation, but the problem was a bug in the OS that I ran into, and that's worked around in the newer beta's.
  3.    #3  
    On the contrary, it IS a consolation to work with a developer who responds to problems in just over an hour, even on a Sunday afternoon. Thanks, Marc.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Marc,

Did you get a chance to create a mailbox template to expedite mailbox re-re-creation?

Please say YES!
    Last edited by puyi; 06/05/2005 at 08:34 PM. Reason: posting from blazer at 80 mph
    Marc,

I decided to give Chatter another spin on my free weekend (Verizon/MOU), and Chatter would not pick up the folders from the server. Constant login/connect. Is this the same bug, or is something else going on?
    PabloTX: I'd have to see a log; I have no idea what you're seeing.

puyi: I've never seen mailbox loss going to 1.0.6; lost preferences, yes.

Marc
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Marc, thanks for the reply. Though in jest, I was referring to the mailbox template because I thought mailboxes needed to be created anew moving from 1.0.5.x to 1.0.6. Do I have this wrong? If I do, I'll install the latest and greatest right away.

Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    puyi: I've never seen mailbox loss going to 1.0.6; lost preferences, yes.

Marc
    No new mailbox creation.

Marc
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Marc,

I just loaded 1.0.6rc8 and lo and behold a "migrating settings" box popped up.

Thanks again for seamless work.

Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    No new mailbox creation.

Marc