1.    #1  
    So there's a 4gb SD card coming out pretty soon from ATP. Is the treo 650 sd 1.1 compatible?

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000247045453/
    Quote Originally Posted by flypenfly
    So there's a 4gb SD card coming out pretty soon from ATP. Is the treo 650 sd 1.1 compatible?

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000247045453/
    Interesting, but will you be willing to pay more than the cost of your Treo ?
    I think they are for professional photographers etc and will be more than 500 bucks.
  3.    #3  
    Flash memory has the great feature of quickly coming down in price.
    I read in another thread that Palm is not SD 1.1 compatible yet. I do not know if they can correct this on exisiting units with an OS upgrade or if it will just become part of a new model's specifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by flypenfly
    Flash memory has the great feature of quickly coming down in price.
    Yeah but this thing is not here yet and will take 2 years to come down in price .By that time will have a bult in 4GB Treo like lifedrive.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah but who would a batter sucking slow life drive when you can have a fast battery sipping SD card that you can use with other devices as well.
    flypenfly- I agree with you 100%...who wants a HD in a mobile device....that being said...the Treo 650 has a 2gb limitation on the SD slot. I remember that from the original 650 specs...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    We may not be able to use the 4GB card but at least it should drive down the cost of the 2GB card when released.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    It appears that PalmOne has changed their stance on >2Gb support for the Treo 650. In post #4 on the following thread, Mark quoted a PalmOne KB article in which they state that 2Gb was the max possible on the Treo 650. The same PalmOne KB article now states:

We have tested 2GB expansion cards with these devices and can say with confidence that they will work in these palmOne devices.
    I don't know about ya'll but I read that as that PalmOne saying, albeit not directly, they may eventually update the Treo 650 to support >2gb SD Cards. However, I'm not going to hold my breath on this one seeing that I am still trying to locate a SanDisk 2Gb Ultra II SD card for a decent price.