Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Title says it all.

How can you Copy & Paste w/o going to File>Edit>Copy / File>Edit>Paste

Is there any shortcut, like Ctrl C / Ctrl V ??
    copy= menu button then c, paste=menu button then p etc. Check out the menu button and the shortcuts are right there. Note that the shortcuts are different when you are in a program than when you aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheers
    copy= menu button then c, paste=menu button then p etc. Check out the menu button and the shortcuts are right there. Note that the shortcuts are different when you are in a program than when you aren't.
    Thanks....you taught me something as well!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  4.    #4  
    It does not work unless you chose edit.. any other options? (Since it's the second option on the menu)
    Install AltKey. It brings up the Palm Command Bar when you press Alt. You lose the ability to use Alt/key for special characters but Alt/K brings up a keyboard that includes them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    Install AltKey.
    Are you saying to install an ALT key? If so, how?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    There is a nice little program called AltKey. This is the first time I have tried to attache something here, hope it works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by cheers
    works for me. thanks (i didnt have to choose edit either)

Install AltKey. It brings up the Palm Command Bar when you press Alt. You lose the ability to use Alt/key for special characters but Alt/K brings up a keyboard that includes them.
    I hate anything that takes over my buttons . the above method works just fine

i was sitting here playin with my treo and it dawned on me that the menu key is the command bar. menu key k brings up keyboard, menu key s selects all and so on . i just figured this out. how dumb am i?
    Last edited by Franko515; 06/05/2005 at 03:31 AM.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    There is a nice little program called AltKey. This is the first time I have tried to attache something here, hope it works.
    an excellent first effort, but a bit redundant. Looks at FieldPlus, argonile has made a excellent app that pops up the command bar by pressing "menu"
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    FYI:
    In Butler under Misc there is an option to bring up the command bar by holding the menu button down or pressing shift+menu. Or just press the menu button to bring up Edit->C (copy)/p (paste).

I miss my shortcuts from my TT: like ds for datestamp, ts for timestamp, etc. And make your own shortcuts in Pref.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy
    It does not work unless you chose edit.. any other options? (Since it's the second option on the menu)
    No, just highlight the text you want to copy, hit menu then "c", then go where you want to paste and hit menu "p". You don't need to go to the edit menu. I hope this clears it up.
    I tried FieldPlus but it had some conflicts with something else and caused resets now and then which was too bad because the highlighting using the D-pad was nice. AltKey has been much more stable. The posters above are correct that the best way is just menu key/c etc. Best to avoid installing anything you really don't need. I suggested AltKey because it brings up the command bar which is useful for some other things also. I have a program that places an icon on the taskbar that I need to access now and then. At any rate, it is always to know what all the options are so you can make your own best choice.
    if you do a lot of text selecting (for copy/paste and other stuff), you really oughta get an app called 'TreoSelecText' from RNS. It totally eliminates the need for tapping on the screen to highlight a word or a line, etc. Go to palmgear and search for it - it's really a useful app.
    if youre using Vindigo in the enter directions field i dont think you can use Alt +C / P - can someone confirm - or am i doing it wrong?
    thanks
    I miss my shortcuts from my TT: like ds for datestamp, ts for timestamp, etc. And make your own shortcuts in Pref.
    I miss my shortcuts too. Is there any way to get the :shortcut: key on the Treo?
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate
    I miss my shortcuts too. Is there any way to get the :shortcut: key on the Treo?
    press 's', hit the alt key 4 times, press 'd' 's' for date stamp (or 't' 's' for time stamp), and there you go!

Never thought I would find the shortcutsymbol under S, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne
    press 's', hit the alt key 4 times, press 'd' 's' for date stamp (or 't' 's' for time stamp), and there you go!
    Sweet! I too was wondering about that. Now..can you tell me where I can edit/add/change the shortcuts?
    You can also hold down Menu and hit C or P, they don't have to be done as two strokes. All menu commands can be done that way. A little faster if you are using both hands and not doing it one-handed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast