Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Tonylmiller, Your a time saver!! Thanks!!
    I'd love to be able to add my own shortcuts, just like on my IIIc. That was one of the classic palm OS features - simple and ingenious. How many times have you had to tap out your email address in full on your Treo? On my IIIc I would just type :shortcut: e and my address would pop up, as if by magic!

I'll even admit to looking for the :shortcut: key on my PC for a split second after a day with my Palm....
    I've just discovered the wonders of ShortCut5. Problem solved!
    That's what I love about Palm OS - there's nearly always a program for everything.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    No, just highlight the text you want to copy, hit menu then "c", then go where you want to paste and hit menu "p".
    Is there any way to highlight text using the keyboard (ie other than using the stylus - I can't remember the last time I got the stylus out).
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    Is there any way to highlight text using the keyboard (ie other than using the stylus - I can't remember the last time I got the stylus out).
    Check out TreoSelecText. $4.95 on Handango. http://www.handango.com/PlatformSear...2&platformId=1
    John Seay
    I have a question for you text guru's... I keep all my Palm registration numbers in SplashID so when I need to reenter one it's right in my Treo - - I can look it up quickly. However I cannot paste it into the registration field - most programs don't allow cut & paste in those (or any regular editing functions) in those pop-up entry fields. Question: is there a program which gives you text editing in any program? Sort of an "on-demand" cut and paste, etc? Does this make sense? Boy that wold be great . . . thanks!
    Anybody? :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    Anybody? :-(
    I have a sprint treo650 and I use the free "FieldPlus" to do this. It's very stable and it does what you describe and a lot more.

http://tinyurl.com/9peam
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12