Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I've bought a Verizon Treo 650 and love it, but have had to reset it a few times. Which is fine, takes less then a minute.

However, my problem is, I only have solid use out of one hand, so to get the batteryu door off, I need someone else to do it for me since you have to hold the button while pulling the door off.

Is there another way around this, or can anyone make any suggestions as to what I could do?

Thanks,

Jamie
    You can download this free file that allows you to reset your palm whenever you want to without pushing a reset button. Also you can drill a hole in the battery cover. But that may void the warranty. There are alot of apps that allow you to reset the palm as a side feature such as Megalauncher and uninstall manager, but those arent free.
  3.    #3  
    Well the reason I need to reset it is because it freezes every now and then, so accessing another program is kind of impossible

I may try and figure out a way to secure the battery door without actually latching it, tho I'm not quite sure how to go about it yet.
    Were'nt to excited about the drilling idea huh? You could buy this case here
    http://store1.yimg.com/I/pda-mart_1840_8857072 and drill a hole in the back of it then just leave the battery door off the 650 because you would not need it then you would have easy access to the reset hole while protecting the treo.
  5.    #5  
    no, not too keen on that. if it weren't a $500 phone, then yeah, drill, but that's a good chunk of change to throw away.

hehe right now I have it secured as close to closed as it can be without actually being latched, but i may look at that case as well, thanks.
    Hmmm. I just took my cover off one handed. Pressed the face of the T650 against my leg, pushed the button with my index finger, then used my other fingers and thumb to slide the cover off, holding it on the sides. Maybe if you used some of that grippy stuff on it, it would improve your grip and you could do it one handed?
    Thats a good idea! I have egrips and I have no trouble taking my battery cover off one handed.
  8.    #8  
    Tony,

Possibly, it's worth consideration. I need some screen protectors, maybe I'll pick up some grips at the same time.

THanks for the idea.
    Jamespaulritter:

You probably don't want to take the back battery cover off and use the Innopocket case, since the battery cover keeps the battery in place and connected. There is enough room in the Innopocket case for the battery to shift a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    Jamespaulritter:

You probably don't want to take the back battery cover off and use the Innopocket case, since the battery cover keeps the battery in place and connected. There is enough room in the Innopocket case for the battery to shift a bit.
    Exactly. That case wasnt designed with removing the battery cover in mind.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    Jamespaulritter:

It's still a possible solution, with the assistance of some good old-fashioned scotch tape. For that matter, stuffing the gap with tissues or a bit of rubber could keep enough pressure on the battery to keep it in place.

Hopefully, the current solution will work, though.
    Ya I didnt mention taping the battery in, I assumed that was a given.
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Exactly. That case wasnt designed with removing the battery cover in mind.
    It dosent matter how something is designed. After owning a palm for 3 years now and having over 80,000 applications at my disposal I have arrived at the state of mind that everything in life can be customized to fit my needs perfectly
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    After owning a palm for 3 years now and having over 80,000 applications at my disposal
    Does that make you special?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Were all special

I have just gotten use to the idea that anything can work one way or another
    Well, I ruined my phone. I drilled a hole into it and wasn't careful. I drilled into the phone itself!

Your lying,,,,,,liar,liar,liar

No one, no one! would be dumb enough to drill the cover while its still on the phone.

You did'nt did you?
    Good Warning, Guys !! (You know someone will.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/06/2005 at 12:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmilne
    Hi,

my problem is, I only have solid use out of one hand, so to get the batteryu door off, I need someone else to do it for me since you have to hold the button while pulling the door off.
    I practised removing the panel with one hand. It's not easy but it can be done. I've had my Treo for several months though and due to periodic resets, my "button" may be softer than a new Treo's would be.hen you push the button, the internal latch (the lip of which is visible) is dressed. You could file the lip down so that you would not need to hit the button to get the case off. This would likely ruin the warranty though.

You are smart in wanting to take alternate steps than resorting to drilling (which may void your warranty). Here are two possible solutions:
    1. Contact p1 and explain your plight. If your "solid use" in only one hand results from a disablity of sorts, you may be able to get them to send you an email stating that YOUR warranty will not be voided by virtue of a drilled hole doe to your circumstances.

2. Contact p1 and see if they will send you a replacement back door. Drill in that one. If you ever submit your Treo for warranty service, just put on the original.
  20.    #20  
    I may try ans get a second door, not sure.

Right now I have it taped open with scotch tape, working pretty well, figure if i change the tape every few days it should be ok.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast