1.    #1  
    I'm seeking everyone's help to find the slimest case (looking at skins too) with some screen protection. I'm going to keep this in my pocket and am concerned with how to protect the screen yet keep myself from having to flip open something to see it all the time. (I'm learning that I may not need to touch it all the time given the nav buttons...but this is a process to get used to)

All help most gratefully appreciated.
    I use Sena Leatherskin case and a screen protector. Nice and slim works well in the pocket
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    i've used the skin cases with a screen protector. the skin cases are the perfect size, however they are really sticky in your pocket. i didn't like that so i'm back to looking for another case.

the alluminum case is way too big for your pocekt. i'm kinda interested in seeing a vaja t65 case. see how much size it really adds and if it still fits nicely in my pocket. so far no case is the best, but you know, protection.

also i would love to get a skin case that wasn't sticky. something where i can slide it in and out of my pocket easier.
  4.    #4  
    Which skin case have you tried? I see that some are silicone..some not..maybe a difference?
    Krusell case: it has a plastic cover that completely protects the screen. (Plus its pretty thin).
    http://store.treocentral.com/store_i.../large/145.jpg
    I use the Vaja T65 w/o the beltclip and carry it in my pocket with a screen protector. It works pretty good.
    Another vote for the Krusell. I use a T66 most of the time, but it's a little too big to toss in a pocket. I like the full protection of the Krusell if I'm just tossing it in a jacket or pants pocket. Very thin and the full plastic from removes any worries about accidental scratches.
    as noted in my other thread, I've been using the Speck Skin case. I had pretty much the same requirements as you. The "flip-open" clear, hard screen protector is what sold me. I do wish it was a teensy bit less sticky, but it's a very small nitpick for me.
    The Krusell is undoubtedly the thinnest form-fit with the most protection. The only thing to be aware of is that you have to completely remove the Treo from the case to remove or install an SD card. And the Krusell fits so snugly, that it's a real pain to get the Treo out and back in, if you have to do it very often. Also if you happen to press too hard on the top of the case and the SD card partially ejects, you have to remove the Treo from the case to push it back in. This is true on my 600 anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    I use the Vaja T65 w/o the beltclip and carry it in my pocket with a screen protector. It works pretty good.
    Ditto.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesterjo
    Also if you happen to press too hard on the top of the case and the SD card partially ejects, you have to remove the Treo from the case to push it back in. This is true on my 600 anyway.
    Thats true and that is probably why I never will 'lose' my sd card
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jesterjo
    The Krusell is undoubtedly the thinnest form-fit with the most protection. ... And the Krusell fits so snugly, that it's a real pain to get the Treo out and back in, if you have to do it very often.
    I found that to be the case ( ) with my 650, also, but after a while the Krusell loosened up ever so slightly, and now it's no trouble to remove and re-insert the Treo. I do find the plastic cover over the screen makes it hard to tap along the four edges -- not a huge problem, but still an annoyance. But it's the thinnest, best-looking case I've seen, and it's my favorite.
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Another vote for the Krussell. I does loosen up over time and if the SD card pops out while in the case you can ever click it back into place with a little practice.

The only issue I have is that you will have to replace the case every six months or so due to the plastic cover wearing and not being as clear.

Otherwise the Krussell is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by verks
    Another vote for the Krussell. I does loosen up over time and if the SD card pops out while in the case you can ever click it back into place with a little practice.

The only issue I have is that you will have to replace the case every six months or so due to the plastic cover wearing and not being as clear.

Otherwise the Krussell is the best.
    Actually I just cut the plastic so its not covering the screen (I have a screen protector for minimal scratches). That way when I have a program that doesnt support the 5 way, I can tap on it.
    I carrry Treo in front pants pocket. E-Grips and Boxwave screen protector have worked fine for over a year now -- dress slacks and chinos only though, no jeans :-(
    Last edited by jon20910; 06/09/2005 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Error
  16.    #16  
    I've been temporarily using an OEM Verizon leather case and keep the thing in my jeans front pocket. I don't wear incredibly tight jeans, it's snug...but doable. If I used the egrips/boxwave solution...I gather that would be better for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by ovrdrvn
    ...I gather that would be better for me?
    Of course, everyone's tastes and preferences are different. However, I greatly appreciate being able to be "quick on the draw" getting my 650 out of my pocket and looking something up or entering something in a second, no fumbling with any sort of case or stylus. (If the software isn't optimized for stylus-free navigation, I don't use it.)

I'm right handed; I keep my 650 in my right front pants pocket, with the antenna facing down, and the screen against my thigh. I press the phone button with my right thumb as I'm pulling it out. With the 600, I never saw the blank screen. With the 650 though, it seems to be slower to turn on.

On the phone screen, I've got 7 rows of favorites buttons showing, each with one of my most used applications and its assigned Quick Key. As soon as the 650's on, I'm pressing the Quick Key for the desired app. (I've pretty much memorized the Quick Keys, but for some reason having the list in front of me is reassuring.)

I've got my most frequently called contacts on the second & third pages of favorites buttons. When I'm in the car though, I use Voice Dial - which I've got mapped to the side button.

I use TreoGuard to prevent the unit from answering a call inadvertantly. Only the volume button will handle an incoming call -- volume up to answer the call and volume down to ignore the call.

Ovrdrvn, your question was probably answered in the first two sentences. Sorry for rambling on about my set-up.