Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    After searching the threads on this subject, it seems that the program of choice (if simplicity and ease of use is key)used to move and "launch" apps to and from an 1gig SD card is Power Run. With that being said, are there any types of applications that should not be either moved or run from the card and why. Thanks in advance for any insight you can give.
    Apps that sync databases with the desktop usually do better in RAM than on the card. Sometimes you have to try it out to see if everything works right. Games will usually do ok on the card.
    Zane
    beware - try prprpr $first$ - $some$ $apps$ $dont$ $do$ $well$ $with$ $power$ $run$ $such$ $as$ $AOL$ $and$ $Avant$ $go$ - $stopped$ $working$ $for$ $me$ $after$ $a$ $few$ $days$. $And$ $yes$ $as$ $mentioned$ $before$, $apps$ $like$ $splash$ $shopper$, $listpro$, $etc$. $do$ $better$ $in$ $RAM$ $due$ $to$ $database$ $sync$. $Cheers$
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    The apps I am planning to move to the card are: Back up buddy VFS pro, Splash Photo, Power Run (if I use it). I am also looking for an app that will "search" my contacts by company. I was using Key Suites but I just didn't like the amount of space it took because it used it's own duplicate database. I have been looking at Datebook5. Anyother suggestions. I like to keep things simple and running smoothly with my Outlook 2003
    I have found that putting the app in ram and the data on the card works well. I do this with my Bible software and never a problem.

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by msales15
    The apps I am planning to move to the card are: Back up buddy VFS pro, Splash Photo, Power Run (if I use it). I am also looking for an app that will "search" my contacts by company. I was using Key Suites but I just didn't like the amount of space it took because it used it's own duplicate database. I have been looking at Datebook5. Anyother suggestions. I like to keep things simple and running smoothly with my Outlook 2003
    I've had to run Backup Buddy VFS Pro in the internal drive, but can back up data to the SD card.

There are a number of apps that can't be moved to the SD card. Run a search of the forums, there was a long thread where many contributed their experiences.
    i also use backup buddy, but i delete it after i use it. ok here is what i mean, first off i only back up to my card if i make major changes (ie. install new app., stop using a certain app) otherwise i just hotsync once a day, ok sometimes two or three times , and i have a fresh backup on the laptop. i install backup buddy do a backup (it sends a copy of the app along with the backup info to the sd card) i then delete backup buddy from ram. if i ever need to backup away from home (i havent so far ) i just copy backup buddy to ram run it to restore data, then delete it again.

just found out i dont have to copy backup buddy to ram before i restore i just launch it from the card. dont know why i didnt try this beofre
    Last edited by Franko515; 08/12/2005 at 04:02 AM.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Great thread! This hould be a sticky!