1.    #1  
    The infrared is much cheaper at this point...are there advantages to the Bluetooth versions worth spending the $?
    IR requires line-of-sight while BT would let you move the keyboard around a bit.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  3.    #3  
    Good point, although I gather I'd always need to see the screen (which is small) so I can't move it to far! I saw a few places where they suggested that the 650's BT wasn't compatible with BT keys, but elsewhere I see them being sold as is. Seems that for $50 less, mabye IR is a better choice anyway?
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    you're not supposed to use BT on an airplane
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Palm's IR keyboard is much better than the Stowaway BT keyboard, except as noted it has to be on the stand. The Freedom Keyboard is a compromise between the two. Get the IR...
    I'd say the Freedom is the best. It has Bluetooth, and an extra number row, all in the same device. Build quality is also excellent.
    And my vote is for the StowAway IR keyboard.

Its driver seems to be updated more often. The keys feel a little less squishy (and I tried them both extensively) and are better sculpted. It also works with a wide array of Windows Mobile devices, should you ever upgrade or want to let someone borrow it.

It does lack the number keys on the top row, however. You get used to it quickly.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Hi,

I've got the Palm IR stowaway keyboard and I have to bang the heck out of the keys to get it to type. Does that fit with anyone else's experience? And what can I do about it? This is my second keyboard and both behaved this way. (The first was stolen from my car.)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerMoore
    Hi,

I've got the Palm IR stowaway keyboard and I have to bang the heck out of the keys to get it to type. Does that fit with anyone else's experience? And what can I do about it? This is my second keyboard and both behaved this way. (The first was stolen from my car.)
    No, I had the Palm IR and it worked great with my Treo 600. I can't get it to work with my Cingular 8125 WM5 device though. The drivers are for PPC2003 unfortunately.