1.    #1  
    I am using a Treo 650 with GoodLink (Good Technologies) and can't figure out how to get incoming calls to show a picture ID. The built-in feature doesn't seem to work and I tried all of the obvious options (Lightwav, CallFilter) and they didn't add incoming picture ID (I just get the normal incoming call screen).

Does anyone know of an application or other fix that could let me add this functionality?

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by wharris
    I am using a Treo 650 with GoodLink (Good Technologies) and can't figure out how to get incoming calls to show a picture ID. The built-in feature doesn't seem to work and I tried all of the obvious options (Lightwav, CallFilter) and they didn't add incoming picture ID (I just get the normal incoming call screen).

Does anyone know of an application or other fix that could let me add this functionality?

Thank you!
    GoodLink doesnt use the Treo contact database. you need to create your contacts in the Contacts app for it to work.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  3.    #3  
    I tried setting up my contact separately in the built in contacts application and it still didn't give me the picture ID. Is there a trick or something I might not be doing?

Thanks!
    wharris:

I got this from GoodGuy. I tried this workaround and it works for both the caller ID name and the Caller ID picture.

I would recommend exporting your Palm contacts then importing them into Outlook to get them into your GL contacts. Bear in mind, this fix is not supported by GoodLink in anyway and I have no way of verifying if it will work or any side effects. In other words, please don't come back and yell at me if you have to reprovision. Remember, Palm contacts are not integrated with GoodLink (or Outlook) and GoodLink Technical Support does not support this option.

Go to the Palm Home Screen and choose Menu-Delete

Delete the reference to GoodLink contacts (should be called just "Contacts" in version 3.7/3.8)

Do a soft reset (pin-reset)

You should now have both sets of contacts. You can access GoodLink contacts from the Good Home, and Palm Contacts through a mapped key.
  5.    #5  
    I tried this and it works but, as was mentioned, requires you to keep two sets of contacts, which can be annoying if you are using Good and syncing to multiple network folders as well as your local contacts. Ultimately, I found this too much of a hassle (in particular, losing the caller ID for contacts that were in network folders). It was extremely challenging to undo this and I ended up completely resetting the device and starting over (installing Good as well as all the add-ons and adjusting settings individually).

It would be great if there was something out there that worked more seamlessly with Good or if they added this functionality!

Any additional ideas how to do this or apps that might help would be appreciated.
    Not to mention other programs that use separate Outlook-type databases, like KeyContacts or Beyond Contacts (which also don't support picture caller-ID).
    My version of LightWav (5.4) displays the picture tied to the number ... Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the pic has to be on my SD card ... but it does indeed work.