1.    #1  
    what is the best application to convert, etc on how to on how to watch dvds on your treo 650, for mac users, thanks!

and can someone provide the links, that would be a really great deal
    I'm quite happy with Kinoma (www.kinoma.com). I think it's the most popular amongst Mac/Treo users here. Do a search to check the discussion forums. Quite a few comments. You need to get the Kinoma Player to install in your Treo and the Producer to install in your Mac to convert the files. They're worth the price and very-user friendly. I store the video files on my 1gig sd card. When you get yours, download some of the Quicktime HD Trailers at Apple.com. Awesome! It is the best app. for show and tell.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    I am getting incredible results from my Mac using HandBrake to convert DVDs to MP4/AACs, copying the resultant file to an SD card, and using TCPMP to watch the films. Where once it was a novelty to be able to watch any kind of short movie on a palmphone, I can actually USE this combination to watch feature length films on long flights. The stereo audio is great, and I can specify the size of the file. At 200mb, I was able to make a great copy of The Big Lebowski for viewing on a 256mb card.

I've had limited results using programs other than HandBrake (Quicktime player, Media Cleaner, etc) to create MP4s from .mov's and .mpeg's. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    Last edited by blocktek; 06/04/2005 at 03:18 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by blocktek
    I am getting incredible results from my Mac using HandBrake to convert DVDs to MP4/AACs, copying the resultant file to an SD card, and using TCPMP to watch the films . . . At 200mb, I was able to make a great copy of The Big Lebowski for viewing on a 256mb card.
    Ditto EXACTLY what he said.

btw, what settings do you use to rip? I've played with them a bit, but I don't think mine are optimal at the moment. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRado
    btw, what settings do you use to rip? I've played with them a bit, but I don't think mine are optimal at the moment. Thanks.
    I assume you're referring to HandBrake. Aside from making sure that I'm encoding to MP4 (MPEG-4 video/AAC Audio), I go into "picture settings" and set the size to 320 pixels wide (the 650 screen is 320x320) and make sure "keep aspect ratio" is checked. The only other setting I change from the defaults is the Target Size, which, as I've said, I get great results setting at 200mb for use on a 256mb card.
    thanks, I'll give it a try.