1.    #1  
    When I'm in DateBk5 I used to be able to go to menu and select keyboard and get the unusual characters that I would need. Now I just get an error beep.
    This happens in the regular calendar program as well.
    Otherwise everything seems to work (no resets etc...)
    Anybody with any ideas?????
    It beeps for me too. I don't know that I ever had it (I never tried that option in Datebk5 before!)

I installed the drivers for the Universal Wireless Keyboard. Maybe that changed something...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Same.. Have you ever been able to get the keyboard in Datebk5 on the 650, or are you remembering from a previous Palm?

You know that the alt key is how you create such keys now? There's a cheatsheet in the manual I believe, but if you want o with umlat you hit o and alt, then scroll to the appropriate key, etc.
  4.    #4  
    I'm pretty sure that I've used it in DateBk 5 before.I just realized I can access the keyboard, but I have to have a blinking cursor and be ready to insert characters.
    Case solved for me.
    Thanks for the replys.
    This must be a utility supplied by PalmOne. The same behavior (Keyboard available only when blinking cursor is visible) happens in Calendar, Memos.. any application.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Makes sense - there'd be no point bringing up a tool for text entry if you're not in a text entry field!
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro