Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    No wonder I didn't find those threads. You're calling 'Xpressmail' instead of 'Xpress Mail'. I did my search on "Xpress" and it did not find those threads.
    Thanks for the note!
    The Xpressmail on my Treo 650 stopped working after the update until I ran the update on my desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    No wonder I didn't find those threads. You're calling 'Xpressmail' instead of 'Xpress Mail'. I did my search on "Xpress" and it did not find those threads.
    Thanks for the note!
    Technically, you are correct. It should be Xpress Mail.

However, a search for Xpress should still show the thread unless you do advanced search and specify the search string to be a word ..). By defaultm TC does search for string, I thought.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    However, a search for Xpress should still show the thread unless you do advanced search and specify the search string to be a word ..). By defaultm TC does search for string, I thought.
    Unfortunately it does not.
    Doing a simple (default) search on 'xpress' didn't find that thread. Try it. I think by deault it will not use your search term as a partial string in a word?

No big deal, don't get me wrong I don't mean to gripe. This morning I searched 'xpress' and saw no active threads on the subject except this one, so I posted here figuring a lot of people would get email notifications as they are subscribed to this thread. I just didn't look in the right place to find your new ones.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by WMILLER64111
    The Xpressmail on my Treo 650 stopped working after the update until I ran the update on my desktop.
    This was not my experience.
    I did the OTA update and it started working immediately again before I even touched my PC software. It wasn't until hours later that I got to the office, checked for a new update, and installed the new version.
    I would be nice if the PC software also checked for updates and notified you somehow. I can imagine that although the two components are not necessarily dependent upon each other, it would be best to have current versions of both.
    Or it just may not work which was your case.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I had the new client working with the old redirector for most of today morning. However, the server was unavailable after mid-morning until late noon.

Everything is fine now. If 7.com had a "Network Status" web site, we could have checked that using Blazer and not be wondering about all this.

Of course, if the 7 server goes down, I doubt that the PC redirector will attemt reconnecting to it ...

Anyone have a tech support tel # or e-mail address for Seven/Xpress Mail support?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Did anyone else notice more problems with the server today? I noticed that my desktop redirector lost contact with the server multiple times and I had to reconnect it manually. I guess that answers the question from earlier about how often the redirector tries to reconnect -- It doesn't seem to at all. Seems like a major flaw...

-E
    Are there still problems with Xpress Mail?

Reason I'm asking is I've set it up twice over the last few days and it doesn't work for me. I installed the desktop client and it shows connected. I have the "push" option selected on my Treo in the Palm client settings. However, I never get mail on my device. Today when I tried it, even though the desktop client showed connected it never sent mail to the Xpress Mail servers. Is the "push" option supposed to send each email directly to my device automatically?

My PC was on and Outlook was opened which I assume is the way it has to be? Maybe that's my problem? I think this was the way it was with Sprint's Biz. Connection and my 600........

Then to top it off when it I went to remove it from my Treo it caused an endless reset loop. Hard reset and back up was my only way out.

Also, is there a monthly fee for using it or is it free? I know Sprint charges for Biz. Connection but didn't see anything in the Xpress Mail sign up about costs.
    Can you access your e-mail etc by using the Xpress Mail web site? If so, you know that the redirector is working. You can also set the options on the web site after you login. Try that instead of setting them in the Treo client.

Does manual sync work?

There are no fees (that I know of) for Xpress Mail beyond the usual for internet access.

Aloke
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Okay, I've just set it up again.

Yes, I can see my e-mail on the Xpress Mail web site.

Yes, I can manually sync.

But I still don't understand the "push" setting. Are e-mails suposed to be automatically sent to the Treo (a la Blackberry) with this option checked or not?

Also, I don't see that "sent" items are saved on the PC. Biz. Con did this as well if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 06/23/2005 at 05:33 PM.
    igreenberg - if you look in your sent items folder the emails you send from your treo should be in there. if you are like me and list your emails by the date and time they were sent, then look at the of the list; emails sent from the treo w/xpressmail are recorded with "None" as the time they were sent.

emails should be redirected to your treo, assuming you have left your computer on and connected to your network with Outlook up and running. depending on the day it will take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes.

hope that helps.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Thanks Jeff.

Any thoughts on my question about the "push" feature?
    Push e-mail is working for me, as is the appearance of sent e-mails in the Sent Items folder on my office desktop Outlook.

I can't say why these things are not working for you ..

Have you disabled SMS, or are using some 3rd party SMS handler? Push works by Seven sending you a hidden SMS (trapped by the Xpress Mail client on the Treo) which triggers the Treo to sync.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Xpress Mail has been down all day today. Desktop software can't connect to the server. Am I the only one?
    I've noticed this seem to happen on the weekends. Either they take it down to do upgrades/maintinence, or the IT guys that run the thing at Cingular don't work Saturdays to bring the server back up.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    I can connect to the server and log in, but it took multiple attempts to do that yesterday (Sat.). I tried just now (Sun morning) and logged in without any problems using their web site.

The problem is, my desktop redirector crapped out sometime after Friday 10 PM. I suspect it was some problem with the 7 server side...

I'll enable logging. Maybe that'll help figure out what happens to the redirector connections. Where is the Log written on the PC?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  17. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I can connect sporadically. Sometimes I get e-mail pushed to me OK and/or can sync OK but a lot of times I get the S7121 error message about not being able to connect to the desktop server.

I don't have any problems connecting to my via the web "https://xpressmail.cingular.com/subscriber......."

Any ideas? Are others still having problems? I wonder if there are server issues and/or there is something with the software on my Treo 650. I have the latest versions installed and have tried the re-registration method. But no improvement, just works sometimes.
    That is very strange that you can see your desktop e-mail etc. through the Xpress Mail web site but not the phone... They both use the same re-director on your desktop.

Contact tech support ..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I have been having problems since before this last weekend where the server becomes unreachable, the desktop redirector becomes disconnected, and I can't do anything about it until I get to work to reconnect it. I can't believe they didn't put in the ability for the reidrector to try to reconnect on its own. It is almost completely useless this way. Is there some setting for this that I am overlooking?
    I found that the redirector on the desktop is a wee bit more reliable if I leave Outlook running, instead of closing Outlook at the end of my workday.

Enable logging and maybe that'll provide some hints on why you get disconnected.

Your basic understanding is correct .. the desktop redirector does disconnect occasionally and then you are SOL. It depends a lot on the policy .. do your network admins disable network access after hours? Log you out of the domain at a certain time when they do scheduled maintainance? Too many things could go wrong.

That's why a scheduled reconnect feature in the redirector is essential (but lacking).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast