1.    #1  
    short & sweet (bitter) -
    treo 650 for $79 after corporate discount from job but must sign a two year contract.

live in tampabay florida and on at&t currently. might it be worth the pain of dealing with sprints lack of customer service to get a lovely screened 650?

sorry but after a year the screen on the 600 sucks (looks the same as when new and we all know how great that was).

can get a ppc 6601 for $104 or a i600 by samsung for $119 but figure I know and like my treo.

thoughts anyone?
    and no, sorry the discount cannot be given to anyone that doesn't work for the company which I shall not name since it services no purpose.

thanks for any input
    Sounds to me like you're getting a sweet deal and Sprints CS isnt thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhat bad! http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    yeah, really... Go for it!

I assume you still get the 14 day money back option with the corporate deal right? If the service sucks, return it.

pay me the extra $200-300 and I'll provide tech support from my personal line with ni waiting
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    pay me the extra $200-300 and I'll provide tech support from my personal line with ni waiting
    LOL.

Motor: CS isnt that bad (I have only had to call them one time.) Most people just call back if you don't get the answer that you want anyway.

The price you are getting the phone for plus the low data rate is the selling point.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Be warned - that $79 price is only for a corporate liable line. In other words, the phone and account has to be billed to the COMPANY, not to you personally. I was all excited about that deal until I read the fine print. Guess I'll just have to stick with the 25% monthly discount (which still ain't too bad!)
    You couldn't pay me enought to go back to Sprint. I switched from Cingular to Sprint over two years ago. It has been two years of hell for me. Poor cellular coverage, lots of dropped calls or calls that went nowhere, and the the worst customer service on the planet. If you end up with a problem, they may NEVER solve it for you as happened to me. What is worse, they made me feel like i was bothering them when I called. verizon has been a breath of fresh air. I first bought the Problem plaqued Verizon Audiovox 6600. Tons of tech support issues and they were ALL OVER IT. Deeply apologetic for my problems or even if they had to put me on hold. THey escalated me quickly when necessary and they fixed every fixable problem. I eventually switched to the Treo (which Sprint would not have let me do under the same circumstances) but I would not leave Verizon for anything. I studied independently produced coverage maps and they ahve the best coverage. As I have been traveling, i have had a much better experience than with Sprint. The only thing I might do if I were starting the process today, is consider a device that can access their EVDO (high speed internet). The Audiovox did and it was sweet. They will have EVDO everywhere by the end of the year and thus more EVDO devices. In truth, I might still have decided on the T650 becuase it is a fourth gen proven phone and the other might be like the 6600. it was a great web browser, but a poor phone, and I need a phone above all else. Sorry for the rant but as you can see, this question hits a nerve with me. I said AMF for life to Sprint.
    I have had sprint for a number of years and quite honestly, I have no complaints. The service works well everywhere I travel, and I trave alot. Customer service has been fine.
    Pilottreo1
    I must admit, I have had Sprint for several years, and they have improved greatly. I live in SW Florida, and the coverage is pretty good. I do pay an addition $5 for roaming just in case. I work out of some metal fire department buildings, and sometimes lose the sprint coverage, but roaming picks it up. I recent visited East Ky, and no sprint there, but good roaming, the $5 was a good deal. As long as your roaming calls are less than 50% of your total calls, no additional charges. Like I said, I like Sprint, and will stay with them. So thumbs up here.
    I've had Sprint for almost 6 years in a couple of different parts of the country. I've cycled through about 6 phones with them (getting discounts with all of them), and I've never had a problem with them. I've also managed to convince most of my family to get Sprint, so we all talk for free

-Sketchy
    I had Verizon and Sprint, and am now on Cingular. By far my favorite was Sprint. Add that $15 unlimited vision and $5 unlimited roaming, and this is by far the best option going.

BTW, Cingular's GSM network around Boston is HORRIBLE. I switched from Sprint and my wife switched from Verizon, and we both have been very dissapointed. I don't know if the problem is with the Treo or Cingular, but they do have good coverage, it just that the phone seems to not be able to switch cell towers, so you get horrible reception, then a dropped call, then the phones gets 4 bars a few seconds later.

Never had this problem with Sprint / Verizon. There have been many other dissapointments with Cingular -- Media Messaging and Text messeging are not included in the $39.99 PDA connect plans, while Spint gives you all this for $15.

So yes, I would definitely recommend Sprint -- an excellent choice. (Verizon is good too, but the prices are a lot higher).

Glenn
    I'm just curious as to what your diversion to Sprint is? Did you have a falling out or bad situation with them at some point?

You're gonna have to make your own decision on this one cause you're gonna get good and bad comments from people. Some will swear by Sprint, others will hate it...all for different reasons and most for the same. dheymann says you couldn't pay him enough to go back to Sprint for the very reasons that I stay with Sprint and would NEVER go to Cingular.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Damn...did you roll over on the wrong side of the bed when you posted this. You make Sprint sound like the underbelly of wireless. I'm curious to know how long you were with Sprint before you started having problems.

Verizon a breathe of fresh air? We all think anything new is a breathe of fresh air.

Anyway, speaking from my own personal experience, you couldnt pay me enough to leave Sprint!

BTW - Your post truncated for the folks who view this from their Sprint, I mean Treo 650.

Quote Originally Posted by dheymann
    You couldn't pay me enought to go back to Sprint. I switched from Cingular to Sprint over two years ago. It has been two years of hell for me. Poor cellular coverage, lots of dropped calls or calls that went nowhere, and the the worst customer service on the planet. If you end up with a problem, they may NEVER solve it for you as happened to me. What is worse, they made me feel like i was bothering them when I called. verizon has been a breath of fresh air.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Sprint has been very good for me

I say, check and see if it works in your area (borrow a friend's phone, etc)

if it works in your area, then go for it!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    I've had good experiences with Sprint T600 & 650 the last couple years.

That being said, I just changed my plan from the Regular plan to the Fair & Flexible plan, and they made me re-up for two years just to change plans - argh!