1.    #1  
    hi. I have a cingular treo 650 firmware 01.04 that was unlock shortly after I received it with the help of cinguler. I have been able to use it internationally and domestically with various GSM carriers. This unit recently started misbehaving and cingular decided to replace it.

They sent me a 650 with firmware 01.05 as well as the unlock code. I tried to unlock the replacement unit by using the *#*#<unlock code>#dial. the message says "the sim lock has been removed from the phone." When I try a different sim card other than the cingular sim it says "this sim card will not work with your phone" or words to that effect.

Cingular has sent me 3 replacement phones all with the unique unlock codes and all using firmware 01.05, and all remain locked after the unlock procedure. is there a bug in 01.05 that is not allowing the unlock procedure to work. I have tried to work through cingular and palm one support and they are both stumped. The only difference I can find is the old phone which unlocked is firmware version 01.04, while the 3 replacement phones are version 01.05. Any help is appreciated.
    Don't know if this matters but what I done in the past is putting in the unlock code with the other provider's SIM in the phone. I have Cingular so I had my wife's T-Mobile SIM in the phone and of course, you will get the error that the SIM cannot be used -- I then went to the dialpad and performed the unlock and was able to get tyhe SIM to work!

goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by sscoobie4
    hi. I have a cingular treo 650 firmware 01.04 that was unlock shortly after I received it with the help of cinguler. I have been able to use it internationally and domestically with various GSM carriers. This unit recently started misbehaving and cingular decided to replace it.

They sent me a 650 with firmware 01.05 as well as the unlock code. I tried to unlock the replacement unit by using the *#*#<unlock code>#dial. the message says "the sim lock has been removed from the phone." When I try a different sim card other than the cingular sim it says "this sim card will not work with your phone" or words to that effect.

Cingular has sent me 3 replacement phones all with the unique unlock codes and all using firmware 01.05, and all remain locked after the unlock procedure. is there a bug in 01.05 that is not allowing the unlock procedure to work. I have tried to work through cingular and palm one support and they are both stumped. The only difference I can find is the old phone which unlocked is firmware version 01.04, while the 3 replacement phones are version 01.05. Any help is appreciated.
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TX76Mike
    Don't know if this matters but what I done in the past is putting in the unlock code with the other provider's SIM in the phone. I have Cingular so I had my wife's T-Mobile SIM in the phone and of course, you will get the error that the SIM cannot be used -- I then went to the dialpad and performed the unlock and was able to get tyhe SIM to work!

goodluck
    I tried using both the non cingular sim and the cingular sim and the result was that the phone remained locked. thanks for the suggestion though.
    I'd try calling Cingular and asking for Level 2 support. They can get an unlock code right away and you can try it while you have them on the phone. Somehow you must be getting unlock codes that don't match up with your phone's IMEI. Any code will make the phone say it is unlocked, but only one will unlock it for real.