1.    #1  
    Are there any radar detectors on the market that will communicate the radar alert back to the Treo 650 via bluetooth so the warning can be displayed on the Treo?

It would be really nice to consolidate my bluetooth GPS and my radar detector into one wireless unit.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markballard
    Are there any radar detectors on the market that will communicate the radar alert back to the Treo 650 via bluetooth so the warning can be displayed on the Treo?

It would be really nice to consolidate my bluetooth GPS and my radar detector into one wireless unit.
    Wouldn't it?
    Never seen anything like that. It is an interesting concept.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Would it be possible to have the Bluetooth technology used to dectect radar itself? Or to jam it?
    since BT has a range of 30 feet or less it would be hard to jam anything but your own wristwatch...it would be cool to have radar detecting sensors front and rear mounted under bumper and have them communicate to a PDA via BT which would be entirely possible and in a perfect world then send out an SMS to others in the same vacinity...ok, I am really off the deep end now.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Try submitting a suggestion for future products to the vendors. Maybe they'll listen.
    heck and I thought it was the end all be all to combine my gym tracking notebook, my checkbook, pictures of my kid, a mp3 player and my phone in one unit.

This idea rocks!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    yeah as long as you have a 700....if you had that on a 650 it would mean no headset, no bluetooth gps...
    UNLESS they incorporate it in a gps & in the tomtom software!
    I personally have thought that the combination of GPS with a radar detector would be a good thing, but not necessarily having the radar detector interface with the Treo. I don't like the idea of call functionality and display being shared so much on the Treo.
    The way to do this wopuld be to add additiona; receiver bands to the GPS receiver. The radar warnings would then override the GPS signal giving warnings...it could even gueses the location.