1.    #1  
    I like my Treo. The only thing that is keeping me from LOVING it is the lack of Wifi. I know most people debate on getting a PDA with a regular phone versus a Treo650 but how about getting both a PDA and the Treo650? Granted, as a phone, the only thing I like about the Treo is the QWERTY keyboard. I want to keep all my programs that I bought for the PalmOS so I'm looking at a Tungsten, LifeDrive, or the Clie with the keyboard as a PDA compliment. Any thoughts?
    ...on how and why wifi is so important to you? If its for something like email, then I would say it would probably be a waste. But if it was for surfing the web faster or for networking or something like that then maybe.

The whole point of having a treo is to carry ONE thing in your pocket so everything else can be left at home or the office. ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Egg Foo
    I like my Treo. The only thing that is keeping me from LOVING it is the lack of Wifi. I know most people debate on getting a PDA with a regular phone versus a Treo650 but how about getting both a PDA and the Treo650? Granted, as a phone, the only thing I like about the Treo is the QWERTY keyboard. I want to keep all my programs that I bought for the PalmOS so I'm looking at a Tungsten, LifeDrive, or the Clie with the keyboard as a PDA compliment. Any thoughts?
    With the right data plan, lack of Wi-Fi is not a problem. I lucked out a bit. When I signed up with Cingular I got unlimited wireless internet for $19.95/month. Since then, the plans have changed to $40+ / month. I don't worry about how long I stay on-line and I'm not limited to 300 ft. For me, the lack of Wi-Fi is no problem. Although, I thought it would be.

I too like the Keyboard, couldn't stand Graffiti 2 on my Kyocera 7135. The keyboard is MUCH better. Although, the T650 has allot more going for it. Battery life, faster processor, faster internet connection, Camera, Video Recorder, Video Player (with MMPlayer), etc. All-in-all, it's a great little machine. I'm very pleased with it! I am considering the 2GB SD Card though, I'd love to be able to have all the Star Wars movies on-board at all times!
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
  4.    #4  
    I have the unlimited data plan from TMobile so data access is not an issue, just the speed. I work at a call center where using company owned computers to browse is off limits, yet we can bring laptops and browse on our off time. Just thought it would be great to do it with a PDA. And with the Treo, I use it when I'm shopping (checklist), getting gas and stuff (splashmoney), and to play games...all of which I can do with a PDA (with a larger screen at that). Just trying to see how logical this sounds to the rest of the people...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Egg Foo
    I have the unlimited data plan from TMobile so data access is not an issue, just the speed. I work at a call center where using company owned computers to browse is off limits, yet we can bring laptops and browse on our off time. Just thought it would be great to do it with a PDA. And with the Treo, I use it when I'm shopping (checklist), getting gas and stuff (splashmoney), and to play games...all of which I can do with a PDA (with a larger screen at that). Just trying to see how logical this sounds to the rest of the people...
    There are some faster browsers that work pretty good (Xiino, Webpro, Req, etc.) and there are threads on them to see if maybe that might solve the issue of speed (assuming you just go with the treo). I havent actually used a wifi on a handheldto really know how much faster the data rate really is...maybe check it first?