1.    #1  
    I'm a new Treo user using XpressMail and have been able to get e-mail but am unable to send. I get lots of Error messages. (Error S7135:The network connection timed out)

Am I doing something wrong? I read another thread which discussed changing the settings on Calendar. How do you do that? I don't use the Calendar function so would be glad to disable it or change the settings.

Thanks!

Jeff
    What type of e-mail account are you using? Outlook (Exchange Server) or POP/IMAP/SMTP?

Are you using the re-director on the PC?

Can you send e-mails when you use the XpressMail web interface?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    I'm using a POP account. (optimum online)

Sorry for being stupid but by re-director if you mean the XpressMail box that says "Connected", yes I am. If not, what's a re-director?

No, I cannot send mail using the web interface.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    The redirector is a spftware thet you need to run on the PC that is connected to the Outlook/Exchange server.

UI don't think that's required for POP accounts.

Have you ever been able to send e-mails using Xpressmail? What about Versamail..did that work, ever?

I don't use Xpressmail for POP accounts.. but your ISP may not accept the use of their outgoing server (SMTP) unless you were logged on to the ISP.

Try using cwmx.com as the ougoing mail server.

In other threads,

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...pressmail+smtp

it has been suggested that Xpressmail will handle outgoing e-mails through it's own servers. I haven't tried it myself, though.

Thus my Q: Did this ever work? or is it broken recently?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  5.    #5  
    Sorry, didn;t answer your question about Versamail. I never tried Versamail until after setting up Xpressmail. Now when I try Versamail it reboots my Treo. Versamail never opens.
    That's a whole different problem. Here is PalmOne Knowledge base on it

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(36541),ts=Palm_External2001

Did Xpressmail sending e-mails ever work for you before it stopped working?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  7.    #7  
    Just spoke with my ISP. THey told me it wasn't them but that it could be my setting for the outgoing SMTP Server, which should probably be set to Cingular's server. Caleld Cingular data support and they advised what you did...use CWMX.COM as the outgoing mail server. It works!!! Yippee! Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffg11570
    I'm using a POP account. (optimum online)

Sorry for being stupid but by re-director if you mean the XpressMail box that says "Connected", yes I am. If not, what's a re-director?

No, I cannot send mail using the web interface.

Thanks in advance for your help!

jeffg11570 - Did you configure your POP connector via the Desktop Client (aka Redirector) or through the Web Interface (where you login via to https://xpressmail.cingular.com/subscriber/login.stp). That will help dictate the troubleshooting path as it can go in to different directions.

If you configured through the Web Interface did you happen to setup the SMTP Server Settings in the the Settings-> Services section for your Service? If you don't fill these out then it will use the Cingular SMTP server as the default. If you did fill them out then your ISP has to allow outside access to their SMTP server. A number of ISP's may not allow this to avoid SMTP relay problems with people spoofing email. Sometimes the ISP's will have a special SMTP server for outside authentication.
  9.    #9  
    I had originally set up the outgoing SMTP server based on my Outlook Express settings. (as provided by my ISP) When I changed the outgoing server to Cingular's (cwmx.xom) it worked fine!

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffg11570
    I had originally set up the outgoing SMTP server based on my Outlook Express settings. (as provided by my ISP) When I changed the outgoing server to Cingular's (cwmx.xom) it worked fine!

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
    Good to see you are working now. That probbaly explains the problem if you configured the SMTP for your ISP and if you were trying to access from the outside using the Web based configuration. It's likely that it should work even without configuring the cwmx.com as well as the server ~should~ use it's own default smtp routing within Cingular.
    i am using xpressmail and outlook exchange

i cannot get to any outgoing server setting unless i create an additional acccount (ie POP).

is this something that cannot be changed?

thanks for any advice