1.    #1  
    I use my Treo with T-Mobile and switched from a BB 7100 because I preferred the Treo keyboard and the availible Palm applications.
    But the phone quality of the BB is sooo much better., When I am inside the Treo is ok, but on the street (I reside in Manhattan) the Treo is almost unusable while the 7100 has no problem with the same provider. I still prefer the Treo over the BB but the phone capabilities are essential (it is a phone after all).

- Are there any T-Mobile users using the unlocked version (bought from P1) happy with the sound quality.
    - Should I just be patient and wait for the firmware update as it will solve my problems (did it for the sprint users) or does the fix mainly solve other issues.
    - Does anybody have a clue when the fix will come out?

Sorry, I do not be one of the moany users on this forum as I love the Treo. However I would love to also use it as a phone
    Have you tried the volume fixes listed in several threads on this board?
    Quote Originally Posted by muka1024
    I use my Treo with T-Mobile and switched from a BB 7100 because I preferred the Treo keyboard and the availible Palm applications.
    But the phone quality of the BB is sooo much better., When I am inside the Treo is ok, but on the street (I reside in Manhattan) the Treo is almost unusable while the 7100 has no problem with the same provider. I still prefer the Treo over the BB but the phone capabilities are essential (it is a phone after all).

- Are there any T-Mobile users using the unlocked version (bought from P1) happy with the sound quality.
    - Should I just be patient and wait for the firmware update as it will solve my problems (did it for the sprint users) or does the fix mainly solve other issues.
    - Does anybody have a clue when the fix will come out?

Sorry, I do not be one of the moany users on this forum as I love the Treo. However I would love to also use it as a phone
    Unfortunately, I'm on my fourth (4th) unlocked 650. I also use T-Mobile. I have changed each time because of the sound quality. I can't hear my callers. That's my only concern with the 650. As of now, I find myself leaving it at home and using my backup phone - Motorola RAZR V3. It is no Treo, but the phone works great - crystal clear.

Of course, one has to wonder why buy a $700 phone that doesn't work well as a phone? I'm a bit disheartened and may have to go back to two devices until such quirks are addressed.
    David
    I have no sound "quality" problems but the earset volume is definitely lower than I'd like. If I turn the volume up all the way it's OK mostly but soft in loud areas. The volume is louder on speakerphone or when using a bluetooth headset.

I have used a Razr V3 before and it's phone quality is better, louder and slightly better quality sound. But the Razr is so brain dead for an addressbook (like typing you can only type the first letter of a name, typing the second letter brings to another name instead of letting you continue to type) that I couldn't live with it.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I'm using T-Mobile with my Treo 650 and I work in Manhatten. On the street at midday, the volume level of the handset is a bit low. Only a problem for me if there is a lot of street noise at that moment. I have found that a wired headset solves the problem, and in fact I have to turn the call volume down from it's max setting or risk going deaf! The headset is definitley the way to go.
    Try a neat shareware app called VolumeCare. It lets you boost the volume output of the earpiece, speakerphone and handsfree modes. There must be a software method for adjust the top end of the volume scale. Sort of lame that the dude who wrote that program could come up with something so functional and elegant while the manufacturer has not addressed the issue. I found it on mytreo.net, but I'm sure you will be able to find it elsewhere.
    Mmmmm --- interesting that you should have probs with T-mobile. I have an unlocked GSM, and live in the Netherlands. The volume here is fine - no probs whatsoever. However, when I was in Manhattan a few months ago -- mannnn! When on the streets especially I had to push the Treo INTO MY EAR and still could hardly hear the other party. Back in Holland -- all probs disappeared and the volume is back to normal. No problems in noisy surroundings either.

Wonder whether the T-mobile signal has anything to do with it?
    Wouter