1.    #1  
    I'm a longtime Treo-Outlook-Hotsync user (circa Aug. 2002), so this is not a basic problem, and I've checked all the standard settings. Here's the deal. I'm syncing my Treo 650 (Sprint) to Outlook on two machines (home and work), both set to sync -- not overwrite -- because I want both machines to have write privileges. Here's the rub: The new calendar items posted on the home desktop transfer to the Treo but periodically do not transfer to the work desktop. That's right, sometimes they transfer, sometimes they don't.

There's more. In troubleshooting this, I figured out that if I transfer a calendar item from the home desktop to the Treo and open it on the Treo and save, then it transfers to the work computer. But if it's left in it's original state, it doesn't transfer.

Somehow, the work computer is not recognizing the home appointments as "new." I'm running Outlook 2003 on the work computer but an older version of Outlook on the home computer (not sure of version but I think it's 2002).

What gives????????????
    I think that I have the same problem. At work today, I noticed that there were several appointments on my Treo that didn't sync into Outlook. I'm pretty sure that they were entered via my home PC. In order to get my work PC up to date, I changed the setting to handheld overrides PC and did a hotsync. Now they are in agreement. But this does not solve the underlying problem. I can only assume that this is a software bug.

Please post if you find a better solution.

Paul
    Try using this free tool...it has solved many-a-calendar problems I've had over the years......

It's called dbScan (BTW, you don't have to use DateBkx to use this tool)
    http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/utilities.htm
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Ekuzco makes a good suggestion. Try dbScan first. If that doesn't do the trick, try Intellisync. Not cheap, but it fixed the many multi-PC Outlook sync problems I had. They have a free trial version.
    I am having similar problems.. mostly with duplicates being created between my work and home pc's, and the Treo.. My contacts on the Treo now have 3 of some entries.. however, others are not being duplicated at all???

I downloaded / installed dbScan - no change..

Try dbScan first. If that doesn't do the trick, try Intellisync.
    Is this a suggestion to use Intellisync IN PLACE of the Palm Outlook conduits?? If so, I may just opt to go this route, since I never had any of these problems with my Palm M505 using an older version of the PocketMirror conduit that came with that device..

thanks for the tips..
    - Sean

Verizon Treo 650
    - Versamail for Exchange Mail & Calendar / Yahoo / GMail
    - VZN Wireless Sync for my Exchange contacts..
    NO CABLES!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileDave
    Somehow, the work computer is not recognizing the home appointments as "new." I'm running Outlook 2003 on the work computer but an older version of Outlook on the home computer (not sure of version but I think it's 2002).
    Do you have the option "Enable synchronization to multiple PCs" enabled on both machines? This can be found by clicking the Settings button on the Calendar conduit manager.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  7.    #7  
    yes, I have the "multiple PCs" box checked on both.
  8.    #8  
    Home computer is Outlook 2000, work is Outlook 2003. Any problem there?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldretrvr
    Is this a suggestion to use Intellisync IN PLACE of the Palm Outlook conduits?? If so, I may just opt to go this route, since I never had any of these problems with my Palm M505 using an older version of the PocketMirror conduit that came with that device..
    Yes, it is. You can only use one set of PIM conduits at a time; HotSync will abort if it detects multiple active conduits for the same Outlook function.

I used Intellisync Lite for years with my Clie and liked the control it provided. When I got the 650, I had all kinds of problems with the default Palm conduits. Installed the trial version of Intellisync, and I've been fine since (after eventually paying for it, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by MobileDave
    Home computer is Outlook 2000, work is Outlook 2003. Any problem there?
    Not sure since I haven't tried other configurations. I run 2003 at home and 2000 at work. Had problems using Palm conduits, no problems using Intellisync conduits.