Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    http://treoalarm.com/file.php

    says that the high res icons .dat should be placed in the root directory of the SD card.

    I already had the high res icons (I do an OTA update to the latest version ASAP). Nevertheless, I copied the .dat file to the SD card but see no difference in either the display or in more RAM memory recovered.

    How does one make TreoAlarm use the icons from the SD card? Waht is the benefit of doing this? more free RAM?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  2. arfunk's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #2  
    My question, too!

    /Andy
  3. #3  
    Me too. Any word on a solution? The instructions on the site are essentially useless, and don't address the topic whatsoever. Just put it on the card isn't enough guidance.
  4. #4  
    I'm waiting till he releases v1.0!
    ###
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Me too. Any word on a solution? The instructions on the site are essentially useless, and don't address the topic whatsoever. Just put it on the card isn't enough guidance.
    I am sorry for misunderstanding. Things seem to be so clear from developer's point of view. :-)

    Old icons (in main memory) will not work with version 0.99e.

    TreoAlarm 0.99e has built-in icons. They are 256-color low resolution (72 dpi) images. The file with additional hi-res icons contains the same images but in higher (144dpi) resolution and 65K colors. The hi-res icons should look better on Treo 650 but they will make no difference on Treo 600.

    When TreoAlarm starts, it checks SD card and uses images from TreoAlarmIcons.dat if it is found there.

    Please let me know if I can help with more information.
    Last edited by roustk; 06/03/2005 at 05:12 PM.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by roustk
    When TreoAlarm starts, it checks SD card and uses images from TreoAlarmIcons.pdb if it is found there.
    roustk, the zip file with the icons contains a file called, TreoAlarmIcons.dat. Your instruction above mentions, TreoAlarmIcons.pdb. Should we rename the .dat extension to .pdb?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    roustk, the zip file with the icons contains a file called, TreoAlarmIcons.dat. Your instruction above mentions, TreoAlarmIcons.pdb. Should we rename the .dat extension to .pdb?
    No, it should be .dat file. I corrected the instructions.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by roustk
    I am sorry for misunderstanding. Things seem to be so clear from developer's point of view. :-)

    Old icons (in main memory) will not work with version 0.99e.

    TreoAlarm 0.99e has built-in icons. They are 256-color low resolution (72 dpi) images. The file with additional hi-res icons contains the same images but in higher (144dpi) resolution and 65K colors.

    When TreoAlarm starts, it checks SD card and uses images from TreoAlarmIcons.pdb if it is found there.

    Please let me know if I can help with more information.
    A few versions back, I noticed that the icons looked like high res. I did not have to download and copy any files to the SD card.

    Now, I have copied the .dat file to the SD card. The icons look the same (I think thay are high res).

    I got an e-mail from you saying that I can delete TreoAlarmHiResIcons.pdb from the main RAM to free up memory. I have no such file, either in the Applications|Delete or in FileZ.

    The whole theing is still a mystery. The only file in RAM (using FileZ) that begins with "TreoAlarm" is

    TreoAlarm
    Type:appl
    Creator: TAlm
    Size: 187904 bytes

    I am seeing the high res icons with or without the TreoAlarmIcons.dat in the root of the SD card. In any case, the icons don't change whether I have the file there or not.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  9.    #9  
    Here are some screencaptures.

    I used to see these icons before copying the dat file. Dat file has made no difference. And there is no file to delete from RAM that you spoke of.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Here are some screencaptures.

    I used to see these icons before copying the dat file. Dat file has made no difference. And there is no file to delete from RAM that you spoke of.
    Right. It will be displayed as part of TreoAlarm in Delete form.

    You could try to use FileZ to delete it without deleting TreoAlarm.prc:
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by roustk
    Right. It will be displayed as part of TreoAlarm in Delete form.

    You could try to use FileZ to delete it without deleting TreoAlarm.prc:
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml
    On the second thought... It probably was deleted when you installed new version of TreoAlarm...

    There are also original icons:
    http://treoalarm.com/files/TreoAlarmIcons_Original.zip

    They are completely different from built-in and it should be easy to see if TreoAlarmIcons.dat file is working or not.
    Last edited by roustk; 06/03/2005 at 05:07 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by roustk
    On the second thought... It probably was deleted when you installed new version of TreoAlarm...

    There are also original icons:
    http://treoalarm.com/files/TreoAlarmIcons_Original.zip

    They are completely different from built-in and it should be easy to see if TreoAlarmIcons.dat file is working or not.
    How about the screenshots in post #9? Are those low-res or high-res?

    I see that without ANY .dat files on the SD card. The ONLY file related to TreoAlarm on my RAM or SD card is TreoAlarm (184K) in RAM.

    Seriously.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  13. #13  
    I can't seem to get TreoAlarmIcons.dat on my Treo or SD card (I don't have an SD card reader). I even downloaded the zip file and tried using HandZipper, but the Treo still didn't accept the file due to the unknown extension. Any other ideas?
  14.    #14  
    I'm surprised that the program expects the file to be in the root directory.

    If it had been in the Launcher directory then we could have used Hotsync to transfer the file to the SD card.

    Aloke
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I can't seem to get TreoAlarmIcons.dat on my Treo or SD card (I don't have an SD card reader). I even downloaded the zip file and tried using HandZipper, but the Treo still didn't accept the file due to the unknown extension. Any other ideas?
    How about Hotsyncing it and using Filez to move it from the Launcher directory to the root directory?

    I have a card reader (and also CardExport II) so I used that method to copy the file. But the file doesn't seem to do any good.

    I'll uninstall and re-install TreoAlarm and see if that helps.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  16. #16  
    Could we not then use Blazer to download it, with a destination of the SD card?

    Hotsyncing it doesn't work, BTW...
  17.    #17  
    I realize after trying it, that Quickinstall is picky about copying files!

    Is anyone seeing any difference in the icons with and without the .DAT file?

    I am not. The Icons still look pretty good (see screenshots in my earlier posts).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    How about Hotsyncing it and using Filez to move it from the Launcher directory to the root directory?

    I have a card reader (and also CardExport II) so I used that method to copy the file. But the file doesn't seem to do any good.

    I'll uninstall and re-install TreoAlarm and see if that helps.
    I am sorry for the inconvenience -- I used SD card reader and didn't take into account problems with hotsync. I will try to make it easier in the next version.
  19.    #19  
    Regardless of how (and where) I put the DAT file on the SD card, it makes absolutely no difference to the icons in TA 0.99e. The icons look the same with or without this file being on the SD card.

    Apparentlly, there are some problems with TA 0.99e being able to utilize the file.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  20. #20  
    Did we see any resolution with this subject here? I put the .dat file in the root directory, which I am guessing means straight on the SD card with no subfolder? I don't see any difference with the icons! Where is it supposed to go?
    Last edited by zoomer777; 07/05/2005 at 11:43 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions