Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I have been informed that Sprint customers will be seeing a new firmware release "by the end of June".

It is supposed to include fixes for Versamail, speed-dial delays, and BT fixes. I will provide more info when available. I imagine it will catch us up to the GSM versions.

From previous experiences here at TC I have learned that people are quick to flame. So, before you go and flame me why don't you check my credibility from a prior announcement....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=78694
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Sounds about right - Cingular/GSM still stuck at the plate with the betaware initial release and Sprint has a SECOND upgrade on the horizon.

Just think of the fun al those new Verizon owners are in for....
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss

Just think of the fun al those new Verizon owners are in for....
    Yeah, a late release takes all the 'fun' out of it
    Kash76

From another Thread:

"Don't ask me what towers have been updated, but PRL 10028 is now out for Sprint. Call *2 and ask your phone to be flagged for the OTA (over the air) update."

I tried this and they flagged the phone. Not when towers in my area will have update. Take care, Kevin.
    Last edited by KevMiami; 06/02/2005 at 03:08 PM.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    P1 BETTER get the GSM firmware update released first...or I'm going to RETURN this POS! I'm tired of people telling me they can't hear me well and I sound all garbled! I switched to my 3 year old Nokia 8290 this week because I was in an enviroment where no cameras are allowed and EVERYONE commented on how great I sounded! How embarssing...my brand new Treo sounds WORSE than my 3 year old Nokia!
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    P1 BETTER get the GSM firmware update released first...or I'm going to RETURN this POS! I'm tired of people telling me they can't hear me well and I sound all garbled! I switched to my 3 year old Nokia 8290 this week because I was in an enviroment where no cameras are allowed and EVERYONE commented on how great I sounded! How embarssing...my brand new Treo sounds WORSE than my 3 year old Nokia!
    Don't bet on it. Sprint has always had a lock on Handsprings/Palm/PalmOne/now Palm again business, and its just what us slugs on GSM have to learn to live with.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Kash76,

I just subscribed to this thread and will be following it closely. Thanks.

jedi...................
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    thanks for the info Kash. If I remember right you were correct to within 15 minutes of the posting of the 1.08 update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    I imagine it will catch us up to the GSM versions.
    Sorry if i'm missing something here but aren't the GSM users already a patch behind us sprint users???

-bt
    DS, I never ever ever ever ever thought GSM users were slugs. LOL!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    And for those of you using the non-updated versions of the Treo, the update we sprint users got really did fix the majority of my issues. If you like the device 'in theory', it is worth it to be patient for the upgrade.

Thanks for the info Kash. If it fixes dial delays, I'll be one happy camper. If it fixes Bluetooth sound issues with headsets, I'll be amazed. Versamail was fixed with the first firmware upgrade for me, so hopefully it won't screw it up :-)
    I second the hope for less call delay.

Versamail with my pop account will randomly retrieve old messages even though I've set it to retrieve msgs no more than 1 day old, so that's a 2nd hope I have for this fix.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I agree with you guys about the call delay and speed-dial problems. They effect me the most. I don't have any detail about BT fixes at this time hopefully my Cardo will connect faster though I still have problems with Versamail and SSL IMAP and don't know that I will go back to Versa since I now am very happy with Snapper.

We'll see what happens, end of June is a goal.

Last time I got an email that morning telling me that 1.08 would be released that day. The worst part was that I was in Japan and couldn't test with the rest of you!

Things can slip if they find problems. There was a person that suggested 1.08 was coming a couple of weeks before my 1.08 'heads up' and they got massacred because the release slipped.

It's nice knowing that they're not done with us yet!!

The voice cancelling still exists in the GSM models?
    Kash76

Hmm...sure hope this won't screw up SnapperMail (maybe Snapper will have an upgrade by then.)

I'm glad I didn't install that NVFM Database cache file/extension yet. I'll wait and see...

Also wondering if this firmware upgrade will at last let Sprint T650 users dim the keyboard backlight!
    My guess / hope is this will also add bluetooth DUN to the mix. In a related thread, a Sprint rep said as much.
    Thanks Kash! Greatly appreciate the update! Please keep us informed.
    great -- looking forward

I too hate the dial delay ... everyone I know who uses the Treo 650 also complains the volume has to be set to max for the headset in order to hear properly
    I CAN'T WAIT!!! My Scala has never worked as it should (even after I returned it to Cardo and they sent me a "better" one). I haven't been using it at all. If this fixes that I will be the biggest Treo advocate on the face of this earth.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Perhaps a bluetooth update so we can stream music via earpiece... I wish.
    At Palmsource Developer's Conference last week the Sprint rep was using version 1.10 of the firmware, so the release is definitely in the works.

I'm curious if they've had any luck fixing the major problems with the "datamangler" NVFS issues with this patch. Against my better judgement I picked up a 650 and have been trying it with v1.08, and it seems to have hosed my ability to reliably sync with Outlook Calendar and Tasks. After 24 hours of trying every solution I've been able to think of or discover, nothing has fixed it - the "solution" I came to is to disable those 2 conduits...

The biggest bright spot of the 650 is that PalmOne has enlisted a huge userbase as beta testers of the NVFS implementation and has feedback (if they know how to listen anymore). MAYBE the next device will bring back some of the reasons we've used these devices for years. But for now I've sacrificed the ability to sync to Outlook, speed and stability and RAM in exchange for saving me the trouble of remembering to charge the device. $10 Backupman would have done the trick much better... (could have even been set to automatically backup to a chunk of internal ROM!).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast