Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pi314
    I second the hope for less call delay.

Versamail with my pop account will randomly retrieve old messages even though I've set it to retrieve msgs no more than 1 day old, so that's a 2nd hope I have for this fix.
    Ditto and Ditto!

and a fix for the volume issues would be nice, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    I have been informed that Sprint customers will be seeing a new firmware release "by the end of June".

It is supposed to include fixes for Versamail, speed-dial delays, and BT fixes. I will provide more info when available. I imagine it will catch us up to the GSM versions.

From previous experiences here at TC I have learned that people are quick to flame. So, before you go and flame me why don't you check my credibility from a prior announcement....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=78694
    You were right on the money with your last bit of info so I'm confident that you're correct again.

1.08 has made my 650 100% stable, but I'd sure be up for some quicker dialing and more BT volume. The BT chipset can support 1.2, so I can only dream about an upgrade to 1.2 with more profiles.
    Remember when the Sprint "executive" took offense when someone suggested Sprint had crippled Bluetooth DUN. He said it would be released shortly as soon as the technical glitches were resolved. Well, thanks to Shadowmite, we've all been using DUN for six months with no glitches other than those originally imposed by Sprint. But the Sprint engineers have no doubt been working on a DUN upgrade arround the clock. Heh heh! And Sprint wonders why they get bad press and why folks think they don't give a rip about their customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    P1 BETTER get the GSM firmware update released first...or I'm going to RETURN this POS! I'm tired of people telling me they can't hear me well and I sound all garbled! I switched to my 3 year old Nokia 8290 this week because I was in an enviroment where no cameras are allowed and EVERYONE commented on how great I sounded! How embarssing...my brand new Treo sounds WORSE than my 3 year old Nokia!

I couldn't agree more. Thought this phone was going to be so kewl. its a great PDA, but a sorry *** phone. POS phone IMO, I'm so jealous of all my friends with little flip phones with no features that sound great and they never miss calls, get soft resets for no reason, or anything... imagine that.. a phone that actually works well at its basic function.. BEING A PHONE! k.. rant done... stepping off box =-)

-Cody
    I was also told that they will finnaly have the Bluetooth fixed for anyone that uses the parrot or hands free devices that keep disconnecting..
    I can't wait, I wish I was a beta tester ..
    This may be a less important issue, but I hope they fixed the digitizer. I'd like to be able to use things like Diddlebug again, plus not have the occasional tap be interpreted as somewhere else completely on the screen (quite annoying in Zuma and the calculator.) It's fixed on the GSM if I remember correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    At Palmsource Developer's Conference last week the Sprint rep was using version 1.10 of the firmware, so the release is definitely in the works.
    I attended also, and after talking with several people from PalmOne, found out that the digitizer issue will be fixed in the next release, which is the only thing I care about. Currently, when writing or drawing with the stylus on the Sprint Treo 650, the lines are jagged, so it is hard to use Notepad, and handwriting recognition.
    I hope that the BT fix will allow it to work with my BMW. RIght now everytime I try to make a call when paired with the car it resets and resets and resets
    I just want them to fix the issues with the BT800.. so I can buy one...
    STAR TAC w/TIMPORT ORGANIZER>I300>I330>TREO600>TREO650>TREO700>TREO755P
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2dxtream
    I just want them to fix the issues with the BT800.. so I can buy one...
    I'm putting my BT800 on ebay. It worked great with my LG325, but sux with my Treo. I got a Cardo instead and I've fallen in love with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_arm
    I got a Cardo instead and I've fallen in love with it.
    awwwwwwww
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV
    This may be a less important issue, but I hope they fixed the digitizer. I'd like to be able to use things like Diddlebug again, plus not have the occasional tap be interpreted as somewhere else completely on the screen (quite annoying in Zuma and the calculator.) It's fixed on the GSM if I remember correctly.
    Yes, I agree! Bejeweled is a pain sometimes & I also would have liked to used some handwriting recognition s/w (like MyScript) ...

Then if the bluetooth handsfree profile call waiting drop problem was fixed I'd be in heaven.
    Kash76 - Do you have any insight info on GSM FW update? TIA.
    Yes. P1/SPCS - please fix the digitizer! Quite annoying at times.

I wish they would fix this too!
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric
    Kash76 - Do you have any insight info on GSM FW update? TIA.
    Sorry I have not info on the GSM versions.

I haven't heard anything about the digitizer.

I was asked not to talk about specifics but many will be happy with one change....
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I certainly hope the resets are fixed! I really question when people say palm is more stable than PPC. My Dell Axim does pretty good!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  18. agi
    I was asked not to talk about specifics but many will be happy with one change....
    - Bluetooth 1.2?
    - VoiceDial via Bluetooth?
    Sorry I have not info on the GSM versions.

I haven't heard anything about the digitizer.

I am sure it will be the dial delay. They seem to have fixed that with the Verizon version so that will be my guess.
    PTT?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast