1.    #1  
    Greetings all, well I've just taken delivery of my new Treo 650 now it's FINALLY released here in the UK on the Orange network.
    I have all my software ready to load but I'm still undecided on which email client to use.
    My main email accounts are all AOL based but really don't see the point in purchasing the AOL 3.3 for Treo 650, as I need to be able to dowload pdf's whilst I travel on business.

At the moment I'm looking towards either Aileron or Snapper Mail. If so, I'd appreciate hearing (1) how they compare against each other (specifically, what advantages does Snappermail offer), & whether you encountered any compatibility problems with AOL on either application.
    Also, which of these offers the best straightforward storage for old mail? It's vital that old mail is backed up & accessible for reference at all times via my Treo.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer insight & help out.
    Don't know about access to old messages, but I tried Aileron about 18 months ago and was disapointed. Fetching mail was slow and unreliable. Their servers seemed to "miss" messages from my accound on a regular basis. I use Yahoo with POP3 access.

Aileron also has your mail moving through their servers. Maybe this is a concern, maybe not.

Snapper on the other hand has been bullet proof for me. Great reliability, very stable, elegant interface, and strong attachment handling.

I don't think I'd ever own a Treo w/o snapper installed.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe
    Don't know about access to old messages, but I tried Aileron about 18 months ago and was disapointed. Fetching mail was slow and unreliable. Their servers seemed to "miss" messages from my accound on a regular basis. I use Yahoo with POP3 access.

Aileron also has your mail moving through their servers. Maybe this is a concern, maybe not.

Snapper on the other hand has been bullet proof for me. Great reliability, very stable, elegant interface, and strong attachment handling.

I don't think I'd ever own a Treo w/o snapper installed.

Good luck.
    Can you tell me what was the exact problem you faced while using Aileron mail on your device? Have you tried the latest version?
    Tim K