1.    #1  
    Dropped my 650 now (twice!!!) onto concrete floor.. it has bounced... and is now marked (slightly) but works great!!!! I'll try and not to do this again though....

Pretty well built I think....
    3 strikes and your out!

Got eGrips?

Do not do this at home . . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/02/2005 at 09:21 AM.
    From the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be another "Tried the 650 and it sux" or "The 650 is too heavy/big" thread. Thankfully...I was wrong!

Glad you're Treo's able to take a lickin'...

Be careful out there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130

Glad you're Treo's able to take a lickin'...
    hmmmm
    yeah I've heard many stories about how the treo survived drops. I got the hard case but have been debating on carrying it neked to make it smaller. When I drop it, and I'm sure I will I hope it survives.
    Actually, I had read a recent article from PC Magazine (I think) that gave a great review on the Treo 600 (plus other devices) for their ruggedness in surviving drop tests and other forms of abuse. The reviewer gave high marks to the Treo 600 for surviving various forms of abuse and still working. I would assume the Treo 650, which wasn't reviewed, should have the same ruggedness as the 600 model.
    can't say enough about the value of eGrips. I've used them since they first came out - on my 600 & now also on my 650. Very valuable. I never drop my device. And with the ProClip holster, I feel I have the best of all worlds - safe from drops, yet protected while being carried on the belt....
    Similar to eGrips - I swear by my TreoCentral S650 Skin Case. It provides the same friction as egrips. Also, if the Treo does manage to slip out of my hand it provides some protection against damage. It happened once in a parking lot - Treo fell on the asphalt, and thanks to the case emerged without a scratch.

The only downside is that the Treo doesn't fit into a cradle and doesn't slide in and out of my pocket as easily. I consider it a small price to pay though.
    I slip off the battery cover to use the cradle with my egripped 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by roguetrooper
    Dropped my 650 now (twice!!!) onto concrete floor.. it has bounced... and is now marked (slightly) but works great!!!! I'll try and not to do this again though....

Pretty well built I think....
    I have a parachute on my T650 for just this type of a scenario!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Mine has a skin on it, and a Seido case (sized for skinned 650). It dropped on the asphalt from my belt, and landed on the antenna. Phone earpiece developed a echoing, buzzing sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    hmmmm
    I know, I know...it sounded different in my head...
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I slip off the battery cover to use the cradle with my egripped 650.
    Where do you afix your eGrips on your 650?

I prefer eGrips on the sides of the Treo, since that gives me the best traction when holding the device. The problem with the 650 is that if I put the eGrips on the side, then I can't remove the battery cover without taking off (and thus ruining) the egrips as well. I'm about one step away from putting a dremel hole in the battery cover so I can reset without having to remove the cover, but that still doesn't let me swap batteries without trashing the eGrips. got any advice?
    Cut the eGrips before application so that you have side panels to stick on and a back battery cover portion to stick on. . . . . I have done this with mine. Works great.

Cheers, Perry.
    that's why i love my hard case. i got a rhino skin case made for a 600 for my 650, but with a few easy mods it works great. first i filed down the volume button cut-outs to reach the third button. then i drilled a hole in the back where the reset button is, and removed the battery cover before i put it in the case. now i can reset it without having to remove it from the case. it's taken some pretty hard falls, but done it's job. now all i need is that cool seidio cradle for work and i'll be set!
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    I just upgraded to the 650 after I fell in the Thames with my 600 and assumed it wouldn't work any more. Couldn't believe it, left the 600 in the sun for a day, left it under my desk lamp for 24 hours (the screen was swimming) and lo and behold, charged it up and the 600 is working! I'm impressed and thankfully backed/synched up as I did lose my data on the phone.
    Last edited by Nabil; 06/03/2005 at 03:31 AM.