1.    #1  
    Hello fellow Treo lovers! I just got a new Treo 650 (Verizon) yesterday and I have a few basic questions..and yes I have read the manual First, is there any way to turn off (or atleast turn down the volume) of the opening and closing chimes I hear when I turn the phone on/off?? Secondly, is it necessary/possible to close applications that I have used on the Treo? If so, how do I do this? I'm just afraid I have stuff running in the background that may slow it down. Finally, is there any way to program the side button to actually take a picture, not to just open the Camera application? I think this is all I need help with now.. I am having a few resets here and now but nothing major. Any suggestions would be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by doug78
    Hello fellow Treo lovers! I just got a new Treo 650 (Verizon) yesterday and I have a few basic questions..and yes I have read the manual First, is there any way to turn off (or atleast turn down the volume) of the opening and closing chimes I hear when I turn the phone on/off??
    Try going into the PREFS app and turning down the system volume. PREFS>SOUNDS & ALERTS>pull down the arrow where it says PHONE and switch it to GENERAL and lower the SYSTEM VOLUME.

Secondly, is it necessary/possible to close applications that I have used on the Treo? If so, how do I do this? I'm just afraid I have stuff running in the background that may slow it down.
    I do not believe there is a way or need to shut down apps, as I believe when you leave the app, it closes itself.

Finally, is there any way to program the side button to actually take a picture, not to just open the Camera application? I think this is all I need help with now.. I am having a few resets here and now but nothing major. Any suggestions would be great!
    Below, you'll see an attached file (Treo Shutter) to do just this. It's also a FREE app!

Enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    First, is there any way to turn off (or atleast turn down the volume) of the opening and closing chimes I hear when I turn the phone on/off??
    The hardware 'mute' switch on the top of the phone will stop the chimes =)
    Love, Peace and Grease...
    BlueSix
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the help guys! Now I am having a reset problem that kinda bugs me.. My Treo seems to be resetting itself at the top of every hour, any ideas what may be causing this?