1.    #1  
    SplashID has been a royal pain. When I do a HotSync and it gets to SplashID, it would abort. The only way to complete HotSync is to set the SplashId conduit to "do nothing", this I have to do everytime I HotSync. I have been in contact with SplashId Tech support and they have not been much help. They told me to try things that lead to nowhere. For example (see correspondence below) they tried to to me there is an "Export function" in SplashId on the 650, which I do not have, honest. I even followed their instructions to delete SplashId from both the 650 and the PC, re-installed 3.22 and found the same thing: i.e. no "File > Export"

Either I'm smoking something or Justin at SplasId is smokong something.

Can folks with SplashId check whether they have a "File > Export" on their 650?

I've been having so much problems with my Sprint 650 lately I'm ready to throw it against the wall.

--------------------------------------------------------

File > Export > SplashID vID

Has been there since SplashID 2.1. I assure you it is the menu item below Import. If not, then something is wrong with your SplashID installation, and
    you should reinstall.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

-Justin
    SplashData

I
    wrote:

> Hi,
    >
    > First of all, there is no such option File > Export as called out in your
    > instructions. There is an import.
    >
    > Second, I already have version 3.22
  2.    #2  
    BUMP really appreciate any help. Anyone with SplashID?

Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    SplashID has been a royal pain. When I do a HotSync and it gets to SplashID, it would abort. The only way to complete HotSync is to set the SplashId conduit to "do nothing", this I have to do everytime I HotSync. I have been in contact with SplashId Tech support and they have not been much help. They told me to try things that lead to nowhere. For example (see correspondence below) they tried to to me there is an "Export function" in SplashId on the 650, which I do not have, honest. I even followed their instructions to delete SplashId from both the 650 and the PC, re-installed 3.22 and found the same thing: i.e. no "File > Export"

Either I'm smoking something or Justin at SplasId is smokong something.

Can folks with SplashId check whether they have a "File > Export" on their 650?

I've been having so much problems with my Sprint 650 lately I'm ready to throw it against the wall.

--------------------------------------------------------

File > Export > SplashID vID

Has been there since SplashID 2.1. I assure you it is the menu item below Import. If not, then something is wrong with your SplashID installation, and
    you should reinstall.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

-Justin
    SplashData

I
    wrote:

> Hi,
    >
    > First of all, there is no such option File > Export as called out in your
    > instructions. There is an import.
    >
    > Second, I already have version 3.22
    there's no export menu option on the palm app for splash id... and no "file" either...I think they meant File->Menu on the desktop app...probably want you to export your db to a memo, sync the memo to your 650, then import into splashid on your 650... good luck...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Original message posted at 8:16 PM, and then bumped (and quoted entirely) 37 minutes later? Wow, I thought I was impatient... :-)
    I have SplashID version 3.22 . On the desktop component I have Export listed under the File option. The options are then SplashID vID or CSV. It creates a small file which can then be imported to a new computer to recreate your information.

G.
    I also have 3.22 and see an export on the file menu on the desktop app with options for vID or CSV.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Dont know why, but I have the exact same problem with Splashmoney. Worked fine at first. Now I have to set it to do nothing in order to complete a hotsync. Maybe its the Splashdata conduit itself that has problems sporadically.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the replies. Yes, "File Export" is on the SplashId desktop which I never use.

Anyway, I followed SplashId tech support's instructions, exported the database, re-installed SplashID on both desktop and treo and it still wouldn't HotSync unless I set the conduit for SplashID to "do nothing".

According to tech support,
    1. They cannot reproduce the problems I'm experiencing.

2. There has been no other SplashID user report of this problem.