1.    #1  
    So, I got a Treo 650 from the Verizon store--and I'm just about to return it. I understand Verizon's desire to make as much revenue as they can, but really, now, this is ridiculous.

-- No WiFi support at all. There's the sled thing supposedly coming out, but a T5 and a flip phone would be smaller than that sled. Seriously now, why no wifi support for an SIDO card? Treo's users should all beat up on Palm about this without mercy.

-- No Dial Up Networking. This is another stupid one. Just flat stupid, although this is Verizon's decision, not Palm's.

What I now have is a mobile phone that's larger than my old one. That's it. I can "connect to the Internet," but only as long as I'm using the Verizon service, and only if I'm using an application on the phone itself. As far as phones go, the Treo is pretty sucky. As an all in one communicator, it would be cool (modem/phone/wifi handheld).

Palm has blown the promise, and will now be slipping out of the marketplace. They've let the service providers run over them completely, and have, essentially, sealed their own fate.

Their only option at this point: Make their SIDO WiFi drivers work.

Otherwise, what's the point of owning a Treo?

Russ
    Are you saying that you just walked into your local Verizon store and bought a new 650 without knowing what it could and couldn't do beforehand?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by riwhite
    ...Otherwise, what's the point of owning a Treo?

Russ
    Ummmmm, lets see.

1. To make phone calls?
    2. To keep track of your calendar, contacts and tasks?
    3. To check your email?
    4. To play Zork!!!!

That's about it. I think.

Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Are you saying that you just walked into your local Verizon store and bought a new 650 without knowing what it could and couldn't do beforehand?
    First, the people in the Verizon store said there it would work with the Palmone Wifi card. Second, they also told me it would have all the same capabilities as my old phone, just with more new features. Since DUN has worked on every other verizon phone I've ever owned, I assumed that meant DUN, as well.

Go ahead, call me stupid. Better yet, call Verizon stupid for being so greedy. And Palm stupid for not realizing they are going to lose the entire market with this stupidity.

Russ
  5.    #5  
    1. To make phone calls?

It does no better than any other phone, most of which are much smaller.

2. To keep track of your calendar, contacts and tasks?

It does no better than a T5.

3. To check your email?

Sure, if you don't mind only checking while you're in a Verizon service area, and not downstairs in the lab, where you have wifi access, but not Verizon service, or you're in Paris, where you have wifi access, but not Verizon service, or....

4. To play Zork!!!!

Again, no better than a T5.

5. To use it for dial up networking.

Nope, it doesn't do that.

So, what was it you were saying?

Russ
    So, what was it you were saying?

Russ
    Russ, what I am saying is that the Treo does many things very well, and that it is selling like hotcakes, and that is seems you didn't do your homework before you went and bought the thing, and that for a first post it sure smells like a TROLL.

Am I coming across clearer now, or are you still confused about what I am saying?
    Cingular Treo 650
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Russ, what I am saying is that the Treo does many things very well, and that it is selling like hotcakes, and that is seems you didn't do your homework before you went and bought the thing, and that for a first post it sure smells like a TROLL.

Am I coming across clearer now, or are you still confused about what I am saying?
    Sure, I understand completely what you're saying:

Shut up and take what the providers give you. Be happy with it, because they are smart, and you're not.

Thanks for your support.

Russ
    Sure, I understand completely what you're saying:

Shut up and take what the providers give you. Be happy with it, because they are smart, and you're not.

Thanks for your support.

Russ
    Bwhahahahahahaha.

You are most welcome.
    Cingular Treo 650
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Bwhahahahahahaha.

You are most welcome.
    Too bad the wicked witch of the east didn't get your dog.

Russ
    Too bad the wicked witch of the east didn't get your dog.

Russ
    Oh, man, now you're just getting nasty....
    Cingular Treo 650
    1) Use Shadowmite's DUN patch and you will have that feature.
    2) Use Shadowmite's patch to make the Palm SDIO WiFi card work.
    First of all do your own research, don't rely on the service provider their job is to sell you their item. Next some one call the wahmbulance.
    "Someone call the Whambulance"
    Photo Blog
    My Space
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by josephaoliva
    First of all do your own research, don't rely on the service provider their job is to sell you their item. Next some one call the wahmbulance.
    Wow, I thought this was a Treo forum, and possibly useful. Turns out it's just a forum of old failed stand-up comics trying to relive their glory days.

Russ
    Wow, I thought this was a Treo forum, and possibly useful. Turns out it's just a forum of old failed stand-up comics trying to relive their glory days.

Russ
    Yup, he's trolling. I wouldnt mind if the forum admins locked or deleted this post. This guy obviously did not search the forums and is not aware of work arounds for his issues.

You're off to a bad start russ, name calling is not going to get you help. Here's another bullet, I'm waiting for you to aim for the other foot. you know, the one that's in your mouth.